Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my experience most if not all black dudes I talk to admire Floyds skill in the ring but can't stand his persona. Floyd has the skill to be one of the top 5 all time but lacks the heart to really test himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
      The only difference is Floyd doesn't come off secure, masculine or bad ass, his personality is of an insecure, whiney cry baby, always *****ing about something.

This is something that the flom0 fans do not get since evertything with them is race based, they think people hate Floyd because of his race which is BS, they just see him as an insecure, arrogant, weakling ducker.

Floyd is just unlikeable to older male boxing fans, me my favorite fighters are Roberto Duran, Mike Tyson, James Toney, George Foreman, Tommy Hearns, Marvin Hagler, etc. those type of guys.

Pacquiao comes across as a soft spoken confident warrior, he had a horrible life but smiles about it, his life growing u was actually 10000 times worse than Floyds, yet he never *****es.

That is the difference society expects men to act like men not like whiney females always pointing fingers like why pacquiao get love but Floyd dont? yall racists hating on a brother!
      I think there is no doubt that Floyd has some real issues going on. Look at his upbringing, his relationship with his father, even the mother of some of his kids etc.

So there is no doubt that there is some real elements to what he says and does. but he I do feel he plays it up. Personally although many think his fighting style is boring I enjoy it. Its like watching a chess match for me. But I do see how casual fans could not care for it.

So you have to do something to keep your name out there. He does not want to fight like Paq so he has to do something to compensate. I do believe his behavior has more appeal that just the urban core though.

I think the brash alpha male Im the best mentality has a large sphere of influence. But it will be a turn off to some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
        Pac's so confident that he needs catchweight and refuses to be blood tested.
        What does that have to do with being confident and not coming off as a whiney cry baby with an annoying arrogant persona on 24/7?

you flom0s are annoying as hell, you never do something they call self analysis, look in the mirror or something, instead you go in full defensive mode.

Comment

• Nothing about this thread is racist AT ALL. Thing about it is, blacks are above criticism on this website from what I've seen on this site.

Lots of sensitive users on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
            What does that have to do with being confident and not coming off as a whiney cry baby with an annoying arrogant persona on 24/7?

you flom0s are annoying as hell, you never do something they call self analysis, look in the mirror or something, instead you go in full defensive mode.
            I hate Floyd's personnality. He's superficial, stupid. However the difference between you and me is I understand that the media and tv shows us what they want us to see. They portray Floyd as the villain and Pac as the hero. And people like you fall for it everyday. Look at the Hatton - Pac fight, at the end the guy from HBO is telling Pac to get down and pray, then they film him, and people like you are like: OMG he's such a good down to earth guy !!

I don't like Floyd as a human being, but I have mad respect for his boxing ability, and Im a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
              Nothing about this thread is racist AT ALL. Thing about it is, blacks are above criticism on this website from what I've seen on this site.

Lots of sensitive users on here.
              This thread smells racism all over the place.

Comment

• im not really a broner fan, but im happy he's gonna replace floyd just another black winning and pissing off all these whiney crybabies. it sure is a beautiful thing to watch.

Comment

• I think Floyd does a great job of selling that image to people. You hardly hear of any contributions he does outside of the ring for charities, or foundations, but he does give back. Nobody really cares about that stuff though because he's so much more vocal when it comes to promoting his fights, and how good of a boxer he is.

I'm a Floyd fan. He skills in the ring are unmatched, and nobody out there is a favourite over him if they fought. That said, I hate the whole "money" thing he does, and he could be a better champion. He's got enough pull in the sport to seriously change drug testing, weigh ins, judge problems, etc. but he instead decides to flash money around and act like a dick.

I respect his skills as a boxer. But he's lacking in the human/champion department.
                  Last edited by SOL27; 02-09-2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                    im not really a broner fan, but im happy he's gonna replace floyd just another black winning and pissing off all these whiney crybabies. it sure is a beautiful thing to watch.
                    ahahahah you're right. I think Broner will even do a better job than FLoyd playing the villain scumbag and trolling the fans. Can't wait for his 24/7

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                      This thread smells racism all over the place.
                      You just admit to being a white Canadian, please go and stop race baiting or crying racism, you are instigating.

Comment

Working...
                      X