Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather is useless and should retire.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    All about dat dollar baby

floyd be takin names and gettin paid foo'
    Well Hicks, they are prizefighter after all.

But I'm curious as to which fights you think Floyd could have realistically taken that he didn't?

Comment

Lol

Dat paper be stackin and the legend keeps growing...

^ I've seen that one a few times too.

I guess in the hip hop scene, you aren't a straight up G unless you have Floyd Mayweather all over your room holding money

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        No matter how much you clowns fake hate on Floyd, Pacquiao got his dic k knocked in, lmao!
        I thought this image seems relevant....

Comment

My problem is disillusionment with him. Dudes skills are beautiful and for a little bit it looked like we were seeing another ray leonard legend in the making and than almost like getting hit with a brick wall his career became one of the path of least resistance. He became a "just enough guy". I wont say he useless but hes not the fighter I thought he was.
          Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 02-09-2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

My Dad doesn't watch too much boxing anymore, doesn't really have time or care about it, but he used to be into it BIG back in the leonard/hearns/hagler/duran days, his opinion means a lot to me because i know he's not biased, he doesn't really care about any modern fighter.

But i've shown him floyd AND manny fights, in his opinion, they are both "very good" but that's it.

he thinks the greats from the old days and maybe even some contenders would mop the floor with them, why? "because i haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise"

to me, that kind of sums it up

Comment

Dude had his chance to be great.

Could of fought prime cotto, mosley, Pacquiao etc.

Didn't want to, waited till they were all shopworn and even then only got cotto and couldn't even stop him

The pac fight is gone, nobody cares anymore.

Goodbye Floyd, get the door on your way out.
              But his career path and opponent choices is fitting for a man who said he dont care about legacy and legacy dont pay the bills kind of stuff.

He should fight the alexanders of this world as Alexander is at Floyds level and Floyd should mix in his own circles rather than fight guys like Pac, Sergio, Canelo, Trout, etc. Because Floyd is realistic and knows full well he would have his hands full with someone like Alexander or Guerrero.

Floyd cant fulfill the promise people have on him. He cant live up to that standard of being the best. Weve put unrealistic expectations on Floyd he cant hope to fulfil. Similar to a parent of a child wanting the child to be a doctor when he grows up but the child hasnt got the potential. Or a boy saying he wants to be a footballer when he grows up (dont all boys say that) but any talent scout would see straight away the boy hasnt the potential.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 02-09-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Could of fought prime cotto, mosley, Pacquiao etc.
                prime Mosley wasn't interested in giving Floyd the time of day back in '99, he moved up in weight, that's well known. 2006 Mosley seemed happy to step aside for De La Hoya.

neither side of the argument showed real interest in a Mayweather-Cotto fight in 2008. Cotto was hardly breaking down Floyd's door and asking for a fight and TRI had other plans for Cotto that involved fighters from their own stable, not Mayweather.

Pacquiao? well, that one will be argued about forever.

maybe Floyd should retire. there's a dearth of really attractive options in terms of legacy enhancement, shy of going up to fight for the middleweight Championship.

but the Canelo fight is doable promotionally and would pay Mayweather handsomely, which is why i expect we'll see it within the year.
                Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-09-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Well Hicks, they are prizefighter after all.

But I'm curious as to which fights you think Floyd could have realistically taken that he didn't?
                  Earl was just bored. again.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    prime Mosley wasn't interested in giving Floyd the time of day back in '99, he moved up in weight, that's well known. 2006 Mosley seemed happy to step aside for De La Hoya.

neither side of the argument showed real interest in a Mayweather-Cotto fight in 2008. Cotto was hardly breaking down Floyd's door and asking for a fight
                    and TRI had other plans for Cotto that involved fighters from their own stable, not Mayweather.

Pacquiao? well, that one will be argued about forever.

maybe Floyd should retire. there's a dearth of really attractive options in terms of legacy enhancement, shy of going up to fight for the middleweight Championship.

but the Canelo fight is doable promotionally and would pay Mayweather handsomely, which is why i expect we'll see it within the year.
                    Regardless of whether SSM, or Cotto went out of their way to make the fight with Floyd, Floyd not fighting the top names in his era even if they are weak wont help Floyds legacy. The fact is they didnt happen and if you cant even boast of having fought the best of your era even if they are weak its not good for Floyd.
                    He has got past prime SSM and Cotto so theres no excuses really. He should have fought them when the iron was hot. SSM and Cotto fought each other anyway and SSM fought prime DLH as well.
                    So Floyd dont have problems with facing past prime fighters.

Comment

Its pretty pathetic to constantly get on a computer and put so much time and effort talking about some one you dont like. I don't talk anout people i dont like. Do you not have anything positive in your life going on? You must not, because that would obviously be worth discussing rather then bashing some one that pays you no mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X