Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Alexander Facing Brook, No Mayweather Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, most had figured out that Devon wasn't really getting the Mayweather fight.

Alexander needs to get his act together and fight Brook as soon as possible.

Comment

well its mayweather/guerrero on may 4th

Comment

Maybe the fight is signed already and Floyd trolled us all. It worked cause for the last week all boxing talk has been about Floyd.

Comment

At least that disaster of a fight was avoided.

Comment

I wonder who the **** is getting the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              There's some **** going on behind the scenes. Schaefer and Mayweather are clearly not on the same page. Schaefer says its signed and sealed, Mayweather immediately right after says "Me fighting Guerrero is a rumor". Mayweather says "Alexander is the frontrunner" then Schaefer immediately right after says "no talks are taking place".

I believe neither Schaefer or Mayweather know who the opponent is yet.

But I'm done speculating. I'm just waiting for the announcement at this point.
              im on the same page as you. I feel Schaffer isn't as well plugged into the situation as he usually is, it's like he's a bit detached and unsure whats going on although he says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                if thats true i don't know why robert would demand 4 million.
                So he gets more money when the haggling is done , common sense that you always start higher knowing they going to crunch you .

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Floyd is scared to death of Guererro. LOL Nobody thinks they will lose until they lose...thats what confidence is. what a dumbass. Guerrero showed he can bam and Floyd wants no pert of the risky Guerrero. The Ghost will haunt his ass!
                  If floyd wanted to fight Guerero this fight would be done. Hes trying to fight the easier fight (meaning...hes trying to DUCK Guerrero) But he cant fight Alexander for no title. Guerrero cant be bought and Floyd cant sell his bullshlt anymore.
                  Its Put the **** up or shut the **** up time for Floyd
                  In a nut shell. They are all looking for the safest fight possible. Not the best fight possible.
                  lmfao,are you serious or trolling?

Comment

It's possible I guess but it seems really unlikely. Both Alexander and Ghost are promoted by GBP. Unless Schaeffer is in on the whole thing, but it doesn't seem like their MO. I would be shocked if it wasn't Ghost at this point.

Originally posted by chav View Post
                    im on the same page as you. I feel Schaffer isn't as well plugged into the situation as he usually is, it's like he's a bit detached and unsure whats going on although he says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                      It's possible I guess but it seems really unlikely. Both Alexander and Ghost are promoted by GBP. Unless Schaeffer is in on the whole thing, but it doesn't seem like their MO. I would be shocked if it wasn't Ghost at this point.
                      I wouldn't be shocked. Ellerbe said from the beginning they were looking at several opponents. And with Floyd basically footing the bills for most of the event himself, he has the freedom to choose anyone he pleases really. Even if a fight that may generate less money.

I'd be more surprised if he fought Guerrero instead of Canelo though. Canelo is the biggest fight for him to make.

Comment

Working...
                      X