Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto voted the most hated Athlete in PR followed by Juanma ROFLMAO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats messed up he did a great job representing PR all these years. all boxers at this level deserve respect, but the few who take on all comers at top level do so even more. cotto took some dangerous fights and put on some great shows.

you dont have to like him, but i dont see how you can dislike him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
      Bah.

I paid. Wasn't going to cry about it. Bunch of whiny self-important b@stards on the island.

We paid to see Cotto AND help out his company which is providing events, venues and opportunities for the up-and-comers.
      Ill agree 100% with this. What has Tito done for the community or PR boxing? Is he sponsoring, promoting and/or advising upcoming prospects? No.

I respect him for the quality of boxer he is, I care less if he is not reachable or not.

Fuck the haters!

Comment

From my understand he's a total douche in real life, at least according to some of his fans.

I didn't read the article or whatever but maybe this was around the time where his fight with trout was on PPV, but only in PR?

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
          I have met the guy, I been there in the gym and have had a share of small talk wth him. He has never been an ass to me or anything, but he is somewhat arrogant and a douch to people.

People here in PR likes to know everything of public figures, want people to be friedly and open to the public what not, and Miguel likes to keep it simple and to himself. He seems frustrated when people start harrasing him, specially the media.

In all he aint a bad guy, but he he is somewhat arrogant and a ass to people!!

*I would be the same, if I was him, people here can drive you nuts!!
          You cant please everyone at times and if the guy likes his privacy then its his prerogative.

So...you dealt with him directly (small talk, etc) and he treated you well, yet you dog him and still mad because of the PPV deal during his last fight? lol!

Papa, deja de ser tan Hipocirta.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
            take a David Diaz, for instance. took a frightening beating, but happily gave the interview with a big grin, made no excuses and praised the quality of his opponent to the heavens. that's class.
            Its easy to be 'classy' when you are put in there to get beat up and collect a check. You had to pick the sorriest MF you could find.lol. Yeah he was classy alright. What about the restraint Cotto showed in the faceoff with Margarito. I thought that was pretty classy considering Margs could have ended his career. Marquez walked out on the ring interview. Does that make him classless?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Cotto comes across as humble on his 24/7s, very surprising to think he is the Mayweather of PR in terms of being hated.

I wonder if Margarito is still liked in Mexico, it would be ironic if he was.

Can't think who Britain's most disliked boxer would be...maybe Tyson Fury lol
              Everyone loves margarito, not only in mexico but in the world. its only the boxingscene denizens that have some sort of attitude towards him

Comment

china should bomb puerto rico. then china should lend it to north korea

Comment

I remember hearing he was a dick to a woman reporter that was trying to interview him in Puerto Rico.

I don't think it helps that he comes off as sore loser and is getting beat up every other fight.

Not to mention that fact that he made them pay for a PPV we watched for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    You cant please everyone at times and if the guy likes his privacy then its his prerogative.

So...you dealt with him directly (small talk, etc) and he treated you well, yet you dog him and still mad because of the PPV deal during his last fight? lol!

Papa, deja de ser tan Hipocirta.
                    ^^^^^^^ This! Well said bro! Also, to put it in a nutshell, some people love the limelight and others don't. he ain't losing no sleep cause some cornball critic from el nuevo whatever decides to write a hateful article about him.

you see it happen all the time with Actors. Critics bashing there movies to bits and pieces and yet moviegoers still flock out to theaters to watch their latest cinema. The same goes for Cotto.

His real fans will always support em. regardless.

Comment

Has anyone ever seen cotto smile?

Comment

Working...
                      X