Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto voted the most hated Athlete in PR followed by Juanma ROFLMAO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have met the guy, I been there in the gym and have had a share of small talk wth him. He has never been an ass to me or anything, but he is somewhat arrogant and a douch to people.

People here in PR likes to know everything of public figures, want people to be friedly and open to the public what not, and Miguel likes to keep it simple and to himself. He seems frustrated when people start harrasing him, specially the media.

In all he aint a bad guy, but he he is somewhat arrogant and a ass to people!!

*I would be the same, if I was him, people here can drive you nuts!!

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
      Cotto's only classy when he's winning, the time when its easiest to be classy. when he loses, 3 out of 4 times he won't do the interview and will sulk like a big Baby Huey instead.
      He's never rude. He's definitely not the first to not give an interview after a loss. Sulking doesn't make you classless. Giving an interview and making 40 excuses is.

Comment

Bad timing by this to be honest. I bet it would be completely different if this would of been done when the hype was biggest with them. Cotto lost and Lopez lost not too long ago. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of those voters are bandwagons. Santos said it best...PR only loves you if you're winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Bad timing by this to be honest. I bet it would be completely different if this would of been done when the hype was biggest with them. Cotto lost and Lopez lost not too long ago. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of those voters are bandwagons. Santos said it best...PR only loves you if you're winning.
          And thats true somewhat! I remember Tito get flack for losing to Hopkins too. But if anything they are the less. Juanma just came stupid with those comments, and Cotto is really hated it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Tito lost to a guy who threw the puerto rican flag down, then lost two times more. Does PR hate him too? What about Calderon who took a knee against a mexican? Is he somewhere in the poll?

Wait Trinidad is #1 in the most loved poll, wonder why when he let a guy who disprespected our island get away with it.

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
            And thats true somewhat! I remember Tito get flack for losing to Hopkins too. But if anything they are the less. Juanma just came stupid with those comments, and Cotto is really hated it here.
            The only people that would hate Tito after that fight is:

1. The people that hate him because of what I mentioned above
            2. The people who bet big money on him winning and lost it all.

Yet he is still the most loved and everytime he shows up in a fight he still gets Tito chants. And no its not even somewhat true what he said. The minority doesnt reflect the entire island.
            Last edited by ELHURACAN58; 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
              But Tito interacted with his people so his things are more forgivable.

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
              Tito lost to a guy who threw the puerto rican flag down, then lost two times more. Does PR hate him too? What about Calderon who took a knee against a mexican? Is he somewhere in the poll?

Wait Trinidad is #1 in the most loved poll, wonder why when he let a guy who disprespected our island get away with it.

The only people that would hate Tito after that fight is:

1. The people that hate him because of what I mentioned above
              2. The people who bet big money on him winning and lost it all.

Yet he is still the most loved and everytime he shows up in a fight he still gets Tito chants.
              Hey those words came from Santos...a PR boxer. lol

They're both retired.

Comment

Miguel Cotto > JJ Barea

**** that midget flopper.

Comment

I speak no spanish and obviously don't know anything about how Cotto behaves in Puerto Rico, so maybe I'm missing something. Unless he is pulling off a world class acting job here in the states, he genuinely comes across as polite, patient, and accommodating. He also seems driven by emotion. Arrogant and an ass? He could've fooled me.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                    He's never rude. He's definitely not the first to not give an interview after a loss. Sulking doesn't make you classless. Giving an interview and making 40 excuses is.
                    take a David Diaz, for instance. took a frightening beating, but happily gave the interview with a big grin, made no excuses and praised the quality of his opponent to the heavens. that's class.

Comment

For fighters that are supposedly hated the PR fans sure pack in the arenas in support to watch cotto and juanma fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X