No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Says Mayweather Rematch Not Part of His Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
    I'm losing major respect for marquez...he knows he can't beat floyd and pac has a good chance of stopping him as well if a 5th fight ever came off

he's making calculated decisions about his career now that he's in a position to cherrypick whom he fights and he should at least be criticized as much as floyd has been for doing this...

by the looks of it he's looking to cash out as much as he can which by my definition doesn't make him a warrior
    Lol you realize you're calling a 40 year old who has fought "The fighter of the decade" Manny Pacquiao 4 times, twice while he was already past prime and 39-40 years old in which he went 2-0 with in that time, and a debatable 1-0-1 in the first 2, a cherrypicker? Oh and he came up fro 135 to WW to fight probably the real FOTD, and best fighter of this era, in his best weight class Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Oh forget that in his very first fight at 135, all he did was fight The Ring champion there, Joel Casamayor, followed by the #1 ranked LW Juan Diaz. Prior to his LW debut he had fought top 5 SFW Barrera, Juarez, and Pacquiao in a row.

So, Marquez is in a position to cherrypick at 40 years old, do you really have a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
      Marquez calls the shots now
      No he doesn't. Only 2 names would matter, Floyd and Pac and against Floyd, Floyd would tell him what he is getting paid and everything else in the negotiation. And against Pac, it would be an equal negotiation. Against Bradley, Mallinaggi, or non stars, he can call the shots.

Comment

well, i guess he just knows what's up there. he always felt in his heart he was better than Pacquiao, hence the desire to fight him again each time the rub of the green went against him. one would assume he does not feel that he's not better than Mayweather.

Comment

There's no need.

The first fight was literally a 12-0 mismatch. It was scary just how easy it was for Mayweather, to quote Jim Watt; 'After a long lay-off, he's making an extraodrinary fighter look like an ordinary one. He's treating Marquez with disdain.'

Marquez has no reason to do that again.

Comment

Even though he rolled out of bed and shut him out Id watch it again.

Comment

Taxes, PEDS, etc.

I completely understand JMM's position on taxes but at the end of the day it is what it is. Forty to fifty percent in the states against a cash cow is better than keeping 80% of his purse fighting a scrub outside of the states. He doesn't want a fifth fight with Manny, no Mayweather, and has already turned down fights with Rios, Judah, Khan, Bradley etc. Who is this guy going to fight? Being the B side of a few major fights has really gone to his suddenly swollen (some may say PED) head...

Comment

Floyd Jr fighting outside of the US, I don't think so.

Comment

Marquez at his heaviest with all that food and muscles he put on his body could only get to 144 pounds and now people want to blast him for not wanting to fight a guy who had a giant size advantage when they fought the first time? I tell you what when i see other fighters getting crapped on for not fighting guys that are two weight classes bigger then them then you can criticize Marquez. Bunch of blowhard nonsense!

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago_Brown View Post
                    I completely understand JMM's position on taxes but at the end of the day it is what it is. Forty to fifty percent in the states against a cash cow is better than keeping 80% of his purse fighting a scrub outside of the states. He doesn't want a fifth fight with Manny, no Mayweather, and has already turned down fights with Rios, Judah, Khan, Bradley etc. Who is this guy going to fight? Being the B side of a few major fights has really gone to his suddenly swollen (some may say PED) head...
                    Whoever he wants he has earned that right. He's 40 and has an impressive resume and is obviously a sure shot HOF fighter. He's not an up and comer, he's won titles in 4 divisions and beat a number 1 pfp fighter Im not sure what else he has to prove to you or anyone else. if he wants to go out with a soft touch thats his business and he earned it.

Comment

Floyd dominated him in their first fight. Marquez knows that he's not in the same level as Floyd. I rather see him fight Timothy Bradley this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X