Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now all the sudden Floyd can fight Marquez and it's a good fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
    i just pointed out that with the help of heredia, marquez is much sharper and stronger than he has ever been. he's still counter punching beautifully and with good speed and is still methodical in his attacks whereas floyd has shown considerable decline in his movements (his legs aren't the same) and his reflexes are close to being gone now, which is why he's now opting to fight more aggressive than he is usually known for..against cotto (far past it than marquez) he looked anything but spectacular while marquez looked better than he ever has against pac in their 3rd and 4th fight...and in the 4th fight marquez has shown incredible power on top of his usual gifts which have shown little decline....

if you can't see that marquez is now much better than when floyd fought him..then i don't know what to say...
    Please tell me how Marquez was "sharper" than before.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
      i just pointed out that with the help of heredia, marquez is much sharper and stronger than he has ever been. he's still counter punching beautifully and with good speed and is still methodical in his attacks whereas floyd has shown considerable decline in his movements (his legs aren't the same) and his reflexes are close to being gone now, which is why he's now opting to fight more aggressive than he is usually known for..against cotto (far past it than marquez) he looked anything but spectacular while marquez looked better than he ever has against pac in their 3rd and 4th fight...and in the 4th fight marquez has shown incredible power on top of his usual gifts which have shown little decline....

if you can't see that marquez is now much better than when floyd fought him..then i don't know what to say...
      Marquez in December, aside from 2 punches, compared to the one who fought Manny in 2011....he looked slower and a little tight in there to me. He didn't look fluid the majority of the time. Marquez should really retire.

Floyd still looks head and shoulders above Marquez skill wise, given he hasn't slipped since last May.

Comment

Back in 2009 Marquez was a chubby (love handles) lightweight moving up two weight classes to fight Floyd at the full 147 (after Floyd cheated him at the weigh-in). It was a ******ed fight that made no sense at the time...

However, Juan Manuel Marquez has now grown into the weight (looks strong and fit) and just brutally KO'd one of the top two or three P4P fighters in the world (at the time) at 147. Mayweather v Marquez II would be a big ppv fight no doubt.

I would not criticize Floyd for taking this fight and you can quote me on that.

Comment

I would like to see a rematch.Great fighters sometimes have bad performances and I think Marquez can fight much better than that. Floyd won a one sided fight but I disagree that he dominated him like a child. Marquez was the fighter going foward and taking the fight to Floyd. He won a few rounds on the judge's scorecard and he did not take a beating. Floyd outboxed him. Marquez might be better off not to be attacker and let Floyd come to him so he can better use his counterpunching skills. That fight was 4 years ago and in my opinion Floyd has gone down hill from age an inactivity while Marquez seems better than ever. Yeah, I'd like to see a rematch. It might be a much closer fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I would like to see a rematch.Great fighters sometimes have bad performances and I think Marquez can fight much better than that. Floyd won a one sided fight but I disagree that he dominated him like a child. Marquez was the fighter going foward and taking the fight to Floyd. He won a few rounds on the judge's scorecard and he did not take a beating. Floyd outboxed him. Marquez might be better off not to be attacker and let Floyd come to him so he can better use his counterpunching skills. That fight was 4 years ago and in my opinion Floyd has gone down hill from age an inactivity while Marquez seems better than ever. Yeah, I'd like to see a rematch. It might be a much closer fight.
            why does he seem better then ever??outside of beating Manny exactly what has he done??

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
              why does he seem better then ever??outside of beating Manny exactly what has he done??
              This guy says "outside of beating Manny, what has he done?"

How about quality over quantity. JMM beating Manny >>>>>> anything Floyd has done at WW.

Simpleton. The same guy Floyd wouldn't get in the ring for 3 years and counting (maybe 4, lost track).

Comment

Hell he dominated him like a child 4 years ago and got 0 credit,i mean none..now all the sudden he should rematch him for some reason??what the hell?? really??do ya'll forget how ya'll crusified him for that fight??now Juan is 40 and we are suppose to beleive ya'll will give him credit for rematching a guy he shut out 4 years later?
                floyd already proved he was greater than marquez when he made him his b**** after a two year layoff. no need for marquez to get his ass whooped again.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  name one round that marquez won?

Comment

He beat Manny Pacquiao and that's a big deal. He is punching harder and looking leaner at a heavier weight. At 142 against Mayweather he looked flabby. At if I remember correctly,143 in the last Pacquiao fight he looked rock hard. He knocked down the iron jawed Pacquiao in the third round and knocked him out cold in round six. He has real welterweight power now. He has enough power to KO Mayweather if he hits him clean with his right. He looked good beating a two other guys as well. He seems better than ever to me. If you don't agree that's is your right. I just call them like I see them. Marquez also fought very well in his third fight with Pacquiao and looked much better than he did in the fight with Mayweather. If he fought Pacquiao and performed no better than he did against Mayweather I think Pacquiao would have KOed that Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Marquez in December, aside from 2 punches, compared to the one who fought Manny in 2011....he looked slower and a little tight in there to me.
                      theory - could the difference you perceived in JMM have owed less to a decline in his ability and more to a change of strategy on his part?

my personal thoughts on that, http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=37
                      Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-07-2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X