Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now all the sudden Floyd can fight Marquez and it's a good fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry I'm still waiting for quotes of people saying Marquez beats Mayweather.

Or are you just spreading bull**** around to fit your agenda?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Heavily disagree. Floyd didn't win that fight because of his size. It's just a horrible style matchup for Marquez altogether.

I'd rather see Marquez fight some fresh blood like Brandon Rios, Timothy Bradley or even Khabib.
      You have the right to your opinion and I sort of agree. It was a little bit of the bad style match up but most of it was due to the advantages Floyd had in nearly every department. Legs, speed, reflexes, size you name it he had it. Now that he's older it'd be interesting to see how he would do against Marquez in my opinion.

I don't want Larry or 4Corners going out making a new thread acting like my opinion is the same as every Floyd hater out there.

Comment

Comment

I'm sure his stopping Pac has raised interest in seeing a rematch with some but I don't see it being much different.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
            You have the right to your opinion and I sort of agree. It was a little bit of the bad style match up but most of it was due to the advantages Floyd had in nearly every department. Legs, speed, reflexes, size you name it he had it. Now that he's older it'd be interesting to see how he would do against Marquez in my opinion.

I don't want Larry or 4Corners going out making a new thread acting like my opinion is the same as every Floyd hater out there.
            Yeah his age could play a factor. Still I would much rather see Marquez in with someone new.

Marquez vs. Rios at Cowboys Stadium would be fireworks.

Comment

at the time, many classed it as a C grade win. i thought it was better than that (a B), even though Floyd was clearly using Marquez as a lucrative tune-up (while taking a shot at Pacquiao, whom had laboured twice with Marquez).
              my rationale was that Marquez exists in such a rarefied technical class, is possessed of such uncommon ability and ring-intellect, that he had to be at least as credit-worthy a scalp for Mayweather as well-rated but undistinguished welterweight contenders of the time like Berto, even coming up so far in weight.

nowadays, Juan is obviously much better conditioned for, and accustomed to, welterweight. it would be interesting to see what this more dynamic Marquez could do better, whether he could present stiffer opposition. were Mayweather to win wide again, it would re-emphasize his class if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                floyd is no longer what he used to be .. its been 4 years since his fight with marquez and since then he's shown a physical decline more so than marquez. in fact marquez, since hooking up with heredia, has looked more sharper and more stronger than he ever has. plus now that he is weighing 150+ lbs on fight night won't be disadvantaged by weight, and on top of that marquez is hitting harder than ever (knocking guys out with one punch). one good punch from marquez and i believe it's lights out for mayweather...would be interesting to see how mayweather deals with getting sat down by marquez.
                If Floyd is no longer what he used to be then neither is Marquez. He got "stronger"...and? The rest of his skills have declined. But thank you for proving my point by telling me that he now has a puncher's chance against Floyd Mayweather. Last guy I heard that about actually landed it...and then people like you spent the night complaining because apparently he was too old to do anything else. Your redundancy is amazing.

Comment

to be the man u gotta beat the man

and JMM beat the man !

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post

I don't make threads like that usually...........................don't put me in the same boat as Larry.

Comment

Marquez would get smashed again..he doesn't have 0.5 % of floyds skills,speed etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X