Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume Holmes or Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simurgh; excuse my mistake but it just shows how these names all flow together NONE of them are worth remembering and NONE of them will be in any history discussions in a few years. Their relevant right now and it coinsides with YOUR life time so it MUST be relevant hahahaha!!! Its NOT!!
    These guys are ordinary fighters at best!!!

simurgh; you could study your entire life and you'll never know what I forgot!
    your not in the business so don't try to act like your opinion is accompanied by facts! Yur just another Klitz brown nose who can't wipe the **** off!!!
    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      You asked me for an opinion. I gone by resume. And resume says he beat 3 HOF/ATG. I have Tua at the bottom of HOF... (I don't have a problem with someone who doesn't).

But I also listed other 10-ish very good fighters Wlad beat with ease.

P.S. Nice monkey...
      You listed a fighter (Mercer) that even Holmes fought, that's how past it he was when Wlad got him. I'll give you Peter & Chagaev as good wins. It doesn't matter whether he beat 3 HOF/ATG, it's how they were at the time he beat them and they were well past it.

When you say you've gone by resume, does that mean you've gone by BoxRec?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        simurgh; excuse my mistake but it just shows how these names all flow together NONE of them are worth remembering and NONE of them will be in any history discussions in a few years. Their relevant right now and it coinsides with YOUR life time so it MUST be relevant hahahaha!!! Its NOT!!
        These guys are ordinary fighters at best!!!

simurgh; you could study your entire life and you'll never know what I forgot!
        your not in the business so don't try to act like your opinion is accompanied by facts! Yur just another Klitz brown nose who can't wipe the **** off!!!
        Ray.
        Thank you! You helped me greatly here. I was finding myself thinking should I actually read what you write or should I just ignore you.

You made it so easy
        I actually feel quite sorry for you (if you're actually telling the true). As you said you spent your whole life in boxing and see what are you doing now! You are trolling on some forum! You can't even get the simple facts right. I would feel very depressed if my life knowledge has lead to such a sad stage.

Bye bye, my expert and all the best with your 'knowledge'...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          You listed a fighter (Mercer) that even Holmes fought, that's how past it he was when Wlad got him. I'll give you Peter & Chagaev as good wins. It doesn't matter whether he beat 3 HOF/ATG, it's how they were at the time he beat them and they were well past it.

When you say you've gone by resume, does that mean you've gone by BoxRec?

So what are you laughing about ? Tell me, maybe I'll laugh too.

Feel free to rewatch Mercer fight. Pay attention to Steward's comments BEFORE he was even close to be Wlad's trainer.

I noted in my first post they were past prime. Pay a better attention, would you.

I don't have a problem whichever of those fights you take for the best. They are all very good wins.

Comment

I've been retired for some time now! I came here to share some of my experiences in the sport. Idiots like you are intimidated by people like me because I take some of your "ego" away! Your knowledge is based on reading records and comparing opponents not on actual knowledge of "how to box"!
            I have videos sent to me from members here to lend my "knowledge" to help them with their evaluations of their progress.
            Anyone reaching out to you for your expertize??? I think NOT! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              I've been retired for some time now! I came here to share some of my experiences in the sport. Idiots like you are intimidated by people like me because I take some of your "ego" away! Your knowledge is based on reading records and comparing opponents not on actual knowledge of "how to box"!
              I have videos sent to me from members here to lend my "knowledge" to help them with their evaluations of their progress.
              Anyone reaching out to you for your expertize??? I think NOT! Ray.
              I really don't need (or want) to know about you, your reasons, or your life.

I don't know who has the problem with the ego here, lol! It's not me who is saying I, I ,I all the time.. It's not me who is desperately trying to prove self here.

I am not intimidated by you not a single bit. I don't know why would I be, lol! I found some of your comments (rare one) interesting (not particularity useful).
              You keep helping people, good for you

Feel free to skip my posts (you even can use 'ignore list' option, I suggest you do that). I don't have an intention to come to your level and start to assault you. I wish you all the luck, teacher!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Norton wasn't shot a arguably fought his greatest fight against Holmes.

Its pretty close but Norton and Witherspoon help Larry edge it.
                That is actually interesting, because on my scorecard Holmes vs Norton and Holmes vs Witherspoon were both a draw if I remember right.
                Actually Holmes vs Carl Williams is also a fight which some people scored for Williams. (not me though)

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                  Agreed...

Holmes:
                  Won title at 28-0 against Ken Norton( Who's record at the time was 40-4); winning the WBC belt! He defended his WBC belt over 17 times before Relinquishing the title. ( Defended his belt against Earnie Shavers, Muhammad Ali, Trevor Berbick, Leon Spinks, Randall Cobb, and Tim Witherspoon to name a few). He did relinquish title for the IBF title, in which he defened 3 times. Before losing to Michael Spinks, Holmes went to 48-0! Ending his career at 69-6 (loses to Spinks twice, Mike Tyson, Oliver McCall, Brain Neelsen, and Evander Holyfield.
                  dude, but that is on paper. I am not disliking Holmes, but let's be real: there can be a case made for 3 gift decisions during that 48-0 winning streak.
                  Norton, Witherspoon and Carl Williams.
                  I am not saying I scored those fights against Holmes cause I didn't (I scored 2 of them a draw and the 3rd one a 1 point win for Holmes).

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
                    dude, but that is on paper. I am not disliking Holmes, but let's be real: there can be a case made for 3 gift decisions during that 48-0 winning streak.
                    Norton, Witherspoon and Carl Williams.
                    I am not saying I scored those fights against Holmes cause I didn't (I scored 2 of them a draw and the 3rd one a 1 point win for Holmes).
                    They were gift decisions but you scored 2 of them a draw and Holmes winning 1 of them anyway ? How can they be gift decisions if they were close fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      Who are ATGs that Holmes beat apart from Ali (which I count as much as Lennox beating Tyson)?
                      I am going resume win or lose, and I wouldn't count the Ali win either if I was going by wins. Holmes' body of fighters are better than Wlad's and I think you know that, not to mention 15 round fights! I think if you put Wlad in with the same fighters his record would be alittle different, and i give the Klit's total credit for doing exactly what they are supposed to do with the fighters available for them to fight...win.

Comment

Working...
                      X