No announcement yet.

Better resume Holmes or Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
    Wlad has never won or successfully defended a legitimate lineal Heavyweight title. He still has about 20 defenses to go before he catches up with Holmes. Because he's at 0 right now.

Also, the majority of those top wins you listed for Wlad weren't even ranked in the top 10 when Wlad beat them.

Holmes has guys on his resume that are superior Heavyweights to Wlad

And several more that would beat him H2H.

LOL @ people in this thread implying that this is a valid comparison.
    Who on Holmes record would beat Wlad? LOL! (I am not counting Ali for the obvious reasons).

Comment

Ali was shot, but at least Homes won.

That alone is more than either K Bro has achieved.

If you bring Evangelista, Spinks, Norton and Shavers into the equation it's not even close.

Even Whiterspoon or Marvis Frazier are better than most of Wlad's opponents.

No disrespect, but it's not even close.

Comment

Holmes and its even close to be honest it's not wlads fault he is just around in a very weak time as far as heavyweights go

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Who on Holmes record would beat Wlad? LOL! (I am not counting Ali for the obvious reasons).
          Norton
          Witherspoon
          Weaver
          Cooney
          Smith(Bonecrusher)
          Spinks

Would ALL have to be favored against Wlad given the sad state of his chin... which is made of some sorta wet toilet paper like substance.

Particularly, the pressure fighters with concussive power that i named like Witherspoon, Weaver & Cooney, they would have to be especially favored.

Wlad's style for instance, was tailor made for fighters like Norton & Witherspoon, both of their technique(s) were centered around neutralizing the jab, which is the reason why Holmes had so much trouble with them. The only way to beat either one of them is by being aggressive, and we KNOW Wlad isn't doing that.

And Wlad would do a somersault over the ropes if he ever got hit with a flush shot from Bonecrusher Smith, Mike Weaver or Gerry Cooney.

The guy can't take a punch to save his fucking life.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            wooooooooooow

holmes resume is light years away & I'm willing to debate anyone who disagrees (I'm no wlad hater ether)

if you guys posed this question to a historical Boxing expert you'll get laughed at. (not even joking)
            I am a historical boxing expert. In fact one could call me the only historical boxing expert because I only analyze facts and stats, which I then feature in my blog. Nobody in the whole history of boxing did that before me. All the good-old-time nostalgists masturbate over "fame names", "footwork" or "ringmanship".

Hence let me tell you: As a heavyweight Wlad is ahead of Holmes and ahead of Ali. Only Lennox comes close to Wlad. What Wlad is doing is unprecedented in the history of boxing.

Enjoy Wladimir Klitschko while he lasts. There will hardly ever be anyone like him again.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
              I am a historical boxing expert.
              Lost me there!

Comment

Originally posted by rsf View Post
                Holmes and its even close to be honest it's not wlads fault he is just around in a very weak time as far as heavyweights go
                You have no clue. This era is one of the best ever. (Yes, yes, you stopped reading after this sentence).

The same "boxing is dying" nonsense was repeated already during Ali's reign, during Tyson's reign and during Lennox' reign.

The sad thing is that ignorant people, who impudently call themselves "fans", are too blind to see how good their respective era is.

In no other era, except maybe in the 80ies you would have opponents as heavy or as athletic or as fast as nowadays.

How many of the 4100 fights in Louis' era did you watch? How many of Holmes' era's 2700+ fights did you watch?

Comment

Holmes has a much better resume!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
                    Norton
                    Witherspoon
                    Weaver
                    Cooney
                    Smith(Bonecrusher)
                    Spinks

Would ALL have to be favored against Wlad given the sad state of his chin... which is made of some sorta wet toilet paper like substance.

Particularly, the pressure fighters with concussive power that i named like Witherspoon, Weaver & Cooney, they would have to be especially favored.

Wlad's style for instance, was tailor made for fighters like Norton & Witherspoon, both of their technique(s) were centered around neutralizing the jab, which is the reason why Holmes had so much trouble with them. The only way to beat either one of them is by being aggressive, and we KNOW Wlad isn't doing that.

And Wlad would do a somersault over the ropes if he ever got hit with a flush shot from Bonecrusher Smith, Mike Weaver or Gerry Cooney.

The guy can't take a punch to save his fucking life.

Tim Witherspoon takes wlad?! LOL! Hell NO! I bet my house that haye that fought wlad beats tim that fought holmes.
                    Weaver, are you serious?! guy who lost 18 times and was KOed 12 times!!!
                    Conney, really, really?!?! He was demolished in 2 by fat Foreman!
                    Bonecrusher would be crushed by Chisorra! LOL!
                    Spinks, Leon Spinks... ?! 17L, 9 KOed, LOL LOL!

All the guys you listed have been KOed WAAAAAAY more times than Wlad was. You are either hating troll or you have no idea what are you talking about!

Haye would beat all of those guys with ease!

Wlad would make them look like straight bums!
                    Last edited by Simurgh; 02-08-2013, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                      You have no clue. This era is one of the best ever. (Yes, yes, you stopped reading after this sentence).

The same "boxing is dying" nonsense was repeated already during Ali's reign, during Tyson's reign and during Lennox' reign.

The sad thing is that ignorant people, who impudently call themselves "fans", are too blind to see how good their respective era is.

In no other era, except maybe in the 80ies you would have opponents as heavy or as athletic or as fast as nowadays.

How many of the 4100 fights in Louis' era did you watch? How many of Holmes' era's 2700+ fights did you watch?

I have to agree with you. As much as people gripe about today's HW scene the era of Holmes was sad to say the least. As someone else pointed out Wlad would be hanged for defending against any number of the guys Holmes defended against.

Hell what would people say if Wlad took on a 10 fight sideshow novice like Marvis Frazier in a non-title bout in the middle of his reign?

People also keep acting like Holmes was washed up before losing to Spinks twice. In reality he was the same age that Wlad is today. It was also Spinks' very first fight at HW after coming up from 175.

Imagine what people would say about Wlad Klitschko if Tavoris Cloud or Chad Dawson moved up to HW and outboxed him for 12 rounds weighing in under 200 lbs for one of the fights.

Holmes best win was Norton - who was washed up at the time - period. Regardless of what some idiot says. Norton was 2-2-1 losing by first round KO twice and drawing with Scott Ledoux after the Holmes fight.

Klitschko's raw numbers of 60+ wins and 50+ KO's without padding those numbers with non title end of career fights will never be approached again.

Comment

Working...
                      X