Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom.
    Some people believe Pianeta will win:

I think Pianeta beating Wladimir is as likely as Guerrero beating Mayweather.

It's not impossible, but it's unlikely.
    Charr obviously has an agenda.

Comment

• Officials for Klitschko-Pianeta:

The referee will be Ernest Sharif from United States.

The judges will be Patricia Morse Jarman and John Lawson, both from United States, and Roberto Ramirez Sr from Puerto Rico.

The WBO supervisor for this fight will be Paco Valcarcel.

Last edited by The Hammer; 04-30-2013, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Another bum.

Another sold out arena in Germany.

Comment

Pianeta is not a bum.

He's a former world junior amateur heavyweight champion. He's never been down as a amateur or a pro.

I'm happy to see him have this chance at the world championship and a decent payday, because he seems like a good sportsman (not an arrogant loudmouth like Haye and Fury) and because he's had to deal with some serious adversity in his life (he's a cancer survivor).
          Very good post.

Comment

Pianeta is not a bum.

He's a former world junior amateur heavyweight champion. He's never been down as a amateur or a pro.

I'm happy to see him have this chance at the world championship and a decent payday, because he seems like a good sportsman (not an arrogant loudmouth like Haye and Fury) and because he's had to deal with some serious adversity in his life (he's a cancer survivor).
            perhaps we should give Kylie Minogue a shot at the world title since she's a cancer survivor... seriously the guy has done nothing in the pros to deserve a shot at the title ... you seriously think being a good sportsman is some sort of achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
              perhaps we should give Kylie Minogue a shot at the world title since she's a cancer survivor... seriously the guy has done nothing in the pros to deserve a shot at the title ... you seriously think being a good sportsman is some sort of achievement
              Shameless comment. What's your point? Pianeta had achievements, he's a voluntary defense. All of the long reigning HW champs fought their share of easier opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                Shameless comment. What's your point? Pianeta had achievements, he's a voluntary defense. All of the long reigning HW champs fought their share of easier opponents.
                Sure he has achievements, but those achievements shouldn't translate into a world Heavyweight title shot

I wouldn't mind so much, but Wlad is coming off a streak of Wach (who again, didn't deserve a title shot whatsoever), Thompson whom he had already KOd and Mormeck.

Now you can twist and turn here all you like. The Haye fight was a good choice for Wlad. You can forgive Wlad a fight off after a unification like that, so Mormeck sure. That's forgivable in my eyes. Thompson was was mandatory, sure. So, by this time the fans are expecting some sort of challenge, since really, the last big challenge he had was from David Haye. Instead, we get Wach and Pianeta. How can you defend that?

Oh but theyre undefeated, was a good amateur, never been knocked down, wears pink boxers to bed. Seriously, those aren't good excuses.

And I really like the Klitschkos. I like David Haye too, but i'm mature enough to not have to pick sides there. They are respectable people and great fighters, but this streak from Wlad is unforgivable.

People can give flack to Vitali, but at least he doesn't have a long streak. He fought Chisora who should have gotten the decision over Helenius.

Comment

• Before the Haye fight i remember Klitschko talking about how he wanted him to be his 50th KO. He didn't get it but he stopped Mormeck and Thompson since then yet his record only says 50KO's, shouldn' it be 51?

Comment

There was an early fight where an opponent basically quit with his trainer being in the ring, but BoxRec changed it to a DQ which is not a TKO.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...7381&cat=boxer

Before it was listed as an RTD which is a TKO.

But most people still consider it an RTD, because the opponent quit.
                    1) Seems unusual that it would only recently be changed 15 years later.

2) More important what authority does boxrec have to change an official result. If it was officially ruled a RTD then thats what it is.

Comment

• Another terrible fight.... the odds are about 20:1 which says it all.

Being a cancer survivor and a nice guy aren't prerequisites for getting a title shot and neither is being undefeated. Undefeated doesn't mean anything, other than generally speaking, you haven't fought anyone yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X