Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote: The Two greatest Heavyweights POST ALI Era. Who are they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
    Pft LOL @ no doubt...Wladimir hasn't done **** compared to Holmes,Tyson,Lewis and Holyfield

Imo number 1 is Holmes

number 2 is a tie between Tyson and Lewis

I put Tyson because of the way he destroyed his opposition like no other

Pinkon Thomas
    Trevor Berbick
    Tyrell Biggs
    Tony Tucker
    Frank Bruno
    Michael Spinks
    Tony Tubbs

What Tyson did in two years 86-88 and the fashion in which he did it could probably only be matched by a young George Foreman which is why he got my vote ,I'm sure most think Lewis deserves that spot though

I get what you are saying about Tyson.

Sometimes the way YOU DESTROY lesser opposition can help over shadow the fact that they are lesser opposition.

If Wlad had knocked out everyone he fought Post-Brewster I... in 1-5 rounds... despite having the exact same resume as he have now.. he will be looked upon more favorably.

Lewis-Golota Round 1 KO
    Wlad-Thompson should rightfully be a Round 1 KO as well.

Comment

Of course Prime Golota will be the living shyt out of any version of Tony Thompson.

Probably have him sleeping in that patented pose of his

Last edited by Skittlez; 02-07-2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Holmes
        Holyfield
        Lewis
        Tyson
        Wlad/Old Foreman tie

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
          Can you explain the validity of your inane babble??
          Well only haters like yourself fail to realise wlad has dominated the heavyweight division since his last loss to Brewster, he's unified the title apart from the strap his brother holds, he hasn't won vacant titles hes beat champions, there has been no controversy in his fights, he's either scored K.O's or wide decisions, and if he beats povetkin he'll be defeating the number 1 contender who also happens to be one of the most decorated amateur heavyweights, if he beats a price/wilder/fury hell be beating the future of the division at an advanced age, all the while adding to his already impressive 13 defences

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post

Sometimes the way YOU DESTROY lesser opposition can help over shadow the fact that they are lesser opposition.

If Wlad had knocked out everyone he fought Post-Brewster I... in 1-5 rounds... despite having the exact same resume as he have now.. he will be looked upon more favorably.

Lewis-Golota Round 1 KO
            The guys Tyson fought from 86-88 are better than anyone Wladimir has fought the past 9 years,Wlads fought guys with undefeated records but most of that fighters never fought top opposition

The lesser fighters Tyson fought from the 86 -88 period were at least in with top opposition before facing Tyson

For instance Tony Tubbs was in with Tim witherspoon and Bonecrusher smith and went the distance with both before getting obliterated by Tyson in two rounds

Tony Tucker fought Buster Douglas for the vacant IBF title before facing Tyson... so you see even Tysons lesser opponants were far more proven and make for better opposition than say throwing in some guys thats been fighting bums and has beens to get the status of 27 undefeated (Mariusz Wach)

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
              Well only haters like yourself fail to realise wlad has dominated the heavyweight division since his last loss to Brewster, he's unified the title apart from the strap his brother holds, he hasn't won vacant titles hes beat champions, there has been no controversy in his fights, he's either scored K.O's or wide decisions, and if he beats povetkin he'll be defeating the number 1 contender who also happens to be one of the most decorated amateur heavyweights, if he beats a price/wilder/fury hell be beating the future of the division at an advanced age, all the while adding to his already impressive 13 defences
              Not only are you basing your justification on if's and buts, you're also relying on Klitimir beating an AMATEUR decorated Heavyweight who is only an average pro at best, to cement his 'legacy'.

Comment

Either Tyson or Holmes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Larry Holmes and Lennox Lewis hands down IMO
                  My answers also.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post

Lewis-Golota Round 1 KO
                    No, had Wlad NOT been ko'd 3 times in his prime, he'd be looked at more favorably.

Comment

Mike Tyson and Larry Holmes definitely. Lewis was at the top of his game longer than Tyson, but he was not a better fighter. Tyson will be remembered as the greatest champion since Ali, no doubt about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X