No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Says Network Deals Cause Snags With Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Pac has all the leverage in that situation and calls the shots, while Donaire as a 122 pounder can't afford to harm network relationships. It's different.

Also, Scheafer has agreed with Bob him in the past.

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...naire-get-made

I'm not sure how going to the highest bidder solves the problem though. If they have contracts with different networks and sponsors, it doesn't matter if someone offers more money. The contracts would still be binding.
    I can't believe people still think PAC called the shots in his career!!!

Comment

Arum is an ******* and that's all there is to it...

Comment

Golden Boy has fights coming up on HBO. They seem to have a good relationship with that network AND with Showtime.

Also, if the contract GBP sent over for Mares vs. Nonito wasn't satisfactory then why didn't Top Rank make a counter offer that was?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Golden Boy has fights coming up on HBO. They seem to have a good relationship with that network AND with Showtime.

Also, if the contract GBP sent over for Mares vs. Nonito wasn't satisfactory then why didn't Top Rank make a counter offer that was?
          Actually they only have great relationships with Showtime, the canelo fight soured their relationship with HBO. Also why would Top Rank counter offer when they want to host and put the fight together? I admit arum has his moments of being a dick but it's been pointed out several times why the contract makes no sense..literally donaire could train for the fight GBP pulls the plug or one of the fighters gets hurt and neither one ends up getting paid and GBP can walk away. This is the first time I personally have heard a contract with no guarantees at all to a champion...in this day and age of money before legacy it is absolutely unusual that a champion has no guarantee..normally if x fighter he's supposed to fight gets injured the champion gets some compensation, a guaranteed rescheduling, or guaranteed a replacement if the injury is too severe where they can't reschedule the fight in the immediate future. Honestly that offer if anything was to make Arum look bad which it did if you are unaware of those specifics I just mentioned. Personally I think Rigo would make more money if the fight was out of GBP's hands in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            No matter how much money is there to be made (Mayweather vs pac), at the end of the day, Bob has his OWN agenda.

If Bob Arum doesn't want a fight, a fight won't be made. Said this for years.
            Thats exactly how it is , Bob is a laywer and thats just a high paid educated bullsheeter .

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Actually they only have great relationships with Showtime, the canelo fight soured their relationship with HBO.
              Adrien Broner will be fighting on HBO. So will Seth Mitchell. The fact of the matter is that GBP does business just fine with both networks.

It is Arum who is only limited to one.

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Also why would Top Rank counter offer when they want to host and put the fight together?
              If Top Rank didn't like the $3 million figure or some of the contract provisions then they could have made a counter offer. To show that they are willing to negotiate in good faith to make Mares vs. Donaire happen.

It's plain to see that Arum doesn't want that fight in the least.

Comment

Simple Arum just make the fight..... Have faith in your fighter to beat him. I would go with Donaire in this fight.

Comment

why didnt he make a counter offer or renegotiate the terms then?

i'm pretty sure they are not happy with the first offer they get for other fights, but they just work it out but obviously arum doesnt want the fight to happen under gbp and he is not willing to offer similar money so fight wont happen because of tr.

Comment

Yep.

TR doesn't even try to negotiate.

Comment

Its funny. I remember a few years ago SHowtime showing all of Donaire's fights. Seems like Sho finds these hidden gems and then all of a sudden Hbo shows interest.

Comment

Working...
                      X