Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Is The Smartest Man On The Planet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To an extent sure but with Arum on the O-line, he wasn't realistically getting a Pac fight regardless. And 147 is just dry. He'd be really phucked if he was younger but he's in his mid-30's as it is. This isn't B-Hop we're talking about. He'll cash in on a couple more big fights like Canelo and then call it a career. Or he could pull the retirement card and wait for the current JWW's to move up to WW and return then for a couple more big fights. He isn't that much worse off than before Pac got iced.

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Floyd got ****ed with no lube when the Pacquiao fight fell apart.

I'm not blaming him for the collapse, I'm just saying that fight was red hot for quite a while and neither side seemed to be able to come to terms to make it happen. Marquez upset the apple cart on Floyd's ass in a major, major way because now he's got nobody of note to fight apart from Canelo, Trout, or Martinez.

Pacquiao got ****ed too, but he still has options : He can fight a guy like Rios or rematch Bradley, or maybe even land another JMM fight. All of which would give him good paydays and produce entertaining fights.

Floyd can still get a payday against damn near anybody, but if he wants to be taken seriously he's going to have to start taking some risks.

Comment

I don't think it was smart. If he doesn't fight Axexander now he looks like a liar who's word can't be taken seriously. It does not make the Guerrero fight any better. I liked the Guerrero fight anyway. The Guerrero fight was a reasonable fight to me. Floyd is the WBC welterweight superchamp and Guerrero is the WBC regular champ. Floyd has not defended his WBC tittle in well over a year so Guerrero is who he should be fighting if he is a good champion.

Comment

he woulda cherrypicked pac if he was smart. milk him more than arum can

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by VVho View Post
          I don't get why people think Guerrero is a terrible choice he's the #3 ww isn't he? These dummies want him to fight matthyese who can even beat anyone worthwhile
          How did he get the #3 spot though? He beat Aydin and Berto, decent wins. Aydin is barely a B-level fighter who just lost decisively to Soto-Karass, and Berto was coming off a lay-off. Ghost deserves credit for jumping two weight classes, but the opposition wasn't spectacular. WW is a very weak division right now.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 02-06-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            he woulda cherrypicked pac if he was smart. milk him more than arum can

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            Adrien looks real impressive in that sig of yours

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              LOL not with out a card stacked with mexican on a mexican holiday.

Lets see
              devon vs Mayweather
              broner vs anthony peterson
              gary russel jr vs teon kennedy

On MLK day, would that do 1+ mil buys. LMFAO GTFOH.
              I doubt it...but I bet this card will do a milli EASY!!!

Jay-Z vs Beanie Sigel
              Joe Budden vs Nas
              Rick Ross vs 50 Cent
              Meek Mill vs Cassidy
              Loaded Lux vs Fred The Godson
              Hitman Holla vs Murda Mook

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                Well compared to Alexander that fight looks like a mega fight haha.
                Don`t get me wrong i said from the beginning that i doubt Floyd would pick Devon but i would rather see Floyd fight Devon then Guerrero cause Floyd has been fighting fighters like Guerrero for most of his career.The only difference is Guerrero is gonna cheat far more then Floyd opponents who fought like Guerrero.

At-least with Devon you get a completely different style from what Floyd is use to fighting plus Devon is a slick fighter.How often do you see Floyd fight slick boxers?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  The smartest man on the planet? Really?

I figured it'd be someone like Neil Degrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking, Christopher Hirata, or Andrew Wiles.
                  i'm sure all of them are smart enough to recognise hyperbole when they see it.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    Well compared to Alexander that fight looks like a mega fight haha.
                    No it doesn't, it looks like the lesser of two evils.

No one of the general public cares about who Mayweather is going to fight until like two weeks until the fight

Comment

Umm duh? Do you think Floyd fans are ******ed? It might work on them but it won't work on anyone with a damn clue.

They are both shit fights, him pretending he's going to fight Devon does not make me think "Oh golly now I want him to fight Guerrero it's so good!" He can run with Devon as long as he wants and as soon as Guerrero is confirmed I will feel the same exact way as I did before, shitty cherry pick fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X