No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF: We Will Not Approve Mayweather vs. Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Zaveck I think would fight for the title if he could over fighting Thurman in an eliminator even though its only a month away
    If the fight is signed, The IBF cannot force him nor can he just get out of a contract unless they wait until after that fight, since it is only a month away

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
      Good move by the IBF. Its how it should be.
      The WBC is like 'we can do that?!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        The IBF is generally pretty good about sticking to their rules. I have to give them respect for that.

If this was the WBC or the WBA you know that they would have approved Floyd. Just because of the money and attention he would bring them.
        An IBF champion must defend his belt within 9 month of winning it. In Alexander's case he won it in October, so he has until July to have a bout agreement in place for a mandatory defense....

Any unification bout will take priority to a mandatory defense.

Now that is if it is approved by the championship committee first. Which there shouldn't be any reason why it should be declined since Alexander is clearly in line with the championship rules laid out by the IBF. So long as some sort of agreement is made for the winner of Mayweather/Alexander to either fight Brook or vacate, they should be able to unify.

http://assets.ibf-usba-boxing.com/Fi...Amendments.pdf

read pages 7-9

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
          An IBF champion must defend his belt within 9 month of winning it. In Alexander's case he won it in October, so he has until July to have a bout agreement in place for a mandatory defense....

Now that is if it is approved by the championship committee first. Which there shouldn't be any reason why it should be declined since Alexander is clearly in line with the championship rules laid out by the IBF. So long as some sort of agreement is made for the winner of Mayweather/Alexander to either fight Brook or vacate, they should be able to unify.

read pages 7-9
          But Alexander has a contract to fight Brooks.

Comment

read pages 7-9
            Yea thats when picking opponents, not signing and then dropping out to fight a different opponent

Comment

LOL at anyone taking Floyd Serious on fighting Alexander!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                Sugar this is a horrible way of viewing it..Alexander should just fight Brook like he was contractually obligated to do..
                Rome my dude aren't you tired of all these makeshift champions? I am!!! I think this is a good way to rid ourselves of these guys just holding titles like Devon, Paulie, etc. Make Devon step up then Brook can get a shot. All he has to do is keep winning. I don't even wanna think about what we would have to watch if Saldivia would've won. Just saying...................

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Yea thats when picking opponents, not signing and then dropping out to fight a different opponent
                  The fighter can apply for a regulation exemption. None of which matters, I guess, since Brook's promoter said already that they won't step aside.

EDIT: What happens to the bout contract once the fight is cancelled for medical reasons? Does is become null?
                  Last edited by RlCKY; 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

At last some common sense prevails if Alexander vacates then so be it - I was looking at the ratings Brook is no1 there is no No2 so for the vacant title Brook most likely will have to face Zaveck or Jackiwicz either way he beats all comers. Also Looking at the ratings I can't believe Matthew Hatton is in the top 15 definitely does not deserve to be there - so come on Devon grow some balls and honour your contract.

Comment

Well technically the contract is void once a fighter drops out due to a medical issue. Plus the fighter can apply for a regulation exemption. None of which matters, I guess, since Brook's promoter said already that they won't step aside.
                      Yea faking injuries to void contracts, thats a good plan. Also the contract could have stipulations that the fight must happen even with an injury

Comment

Working...
                      X