Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clottey v Alexander & Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clottey's shambolic performance against Pac has really blinded people to how good the guy was. Sure, he managed to fight find a way to f-ck it up in big fights but he takes cares of Guerrero and Alexander handily.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
      And what have Berto or Aydin done? Hasn't Aydin just been dominated by soto karass? Didn't Berto get beat the first time he 'stepped up' against victor 'lion heart' ortiz
      as much hate as victor gets he was still looked at as 1 of the top young fighters at the time and aydin was undefeated and the 1 ranked at the wbc ad no one is making aydin out to be a superstar but a win over him at the time for guerrero was a betterwin than anything clottey did especially since i don't even think clottey was the underdog against zab

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        Today's Zab yes. Super Judah that beat Floyd's ass for 4 rounds, naaaaa.
        Berto has heart, great speed and power... But more than anything, Heart... Berto could wear him down.

It would be a much better fight though, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          Clottey's shambolic performance against Pac has really blinded people to how good the guy was. Sure, he managed to fight find a way to f-ck it up in big fights but he takes cares of Guerrero and Alexander handily.
          if he would of beat margarito than maybe i would believe that

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            No he isn't.

Witter/Urango/Kot/Maidana > Anything Zab has done

He is by far a more worthy, credible, durable opponent than Zab, and it would be ranked as a greater win than Zab.
            The decision against Kotelnik was a gift, if Alexander hadn't been a hbo darling and Kotelnik hadn't been 'just another' European fighter Alexander's belts would have been gone, I'm pretty sure that WBC and IBF strap were ****ing wrapped and ribboned

Comment

People are forgetting clottey was schooling margarito until he hurt his left hand. Clottey > guerrero and alexander. He had a cool style too. He just happened to throw the pac fight which really hurt his credibility. He beat cotto too that decision was bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                Berto has heart, great speed and power... But more than anything, Heart... Berto could wear him down.

It would be a much better fight though, either way.
                That is for sure. Berto can take an ass whooping and still keep coming which could (more than likely) destroy Zab's mental game. However I still think Zab back then beats the best version of Berto. Today, Berto's heart alone beats Zab.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                  if he would of beat margarito than maybe i would believe that
                  He was competitive against margarito, even if you don't think he won he was competitive against cotto, I don't see either of them two performing as well as he did

Comment

crazy how great people make clottey out to be for acomplishing nothing but to say clottey will beat such and such is hard to say when clottey has lost all his important fights except against zab who also losses in big fights.

what is this about anyway?t discredit floyd like always?remeber those can marquez beat clottey,shane or cotto post/threads most felt like those fighters might be to big for marquez but that didn't make a difference marquez was still able to put pacquiao to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
                      He was competitive against margarito, even if you don't think he won he was competitive against cotto, I don't see either of them two performing as well as he did
                      he lost 2 fights where it looked like he should of easily won how can someone get so much credit for losing fights that it looks like he should have won?he is the one that for some strange reason stops punching and loses fights like the cotto and margarito fights

Comment

Working...
                      X