No announcement yet.

35 years old. 1 year out. 3 Months in Prison. Floyd deserves a tune up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    huge portions of floyd's entire career have been tune ups.

he is what he is.

he's a great fighter with a mediocre resume that does his talent no justice.
    Great and accurate comment.

Comment

huge portions of floyd's entire career have been tune ups.

he is what he is.

he's a great fighter with a mediocre resume that does his talent no justice.
      it's actually a very good resume. but it's missing what's needed to be a great resume.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        it's actually a very good resume. but it's missing what's needed to be a great resume.

it's a hall of fame resume, but the point i was illustrating is that it's still doing his talent no justice. mayweather jr is one of the best boxers i've ever seen. his resume is far from among the best of all time. he's an ATG, but not at all a top one. his resume will almost certainly never match his level of talent and his skills.

Comment

If FLoyd had a Martinez fight signed for September then I would be in favor of a tune up in May but I really doubt Floyd is going to fight in September
          Maybe he takes on Ginger in May and that is what the hold up is
          it would make sense for his one fight a year and he can make $40 mili then not fight til next may or september

Comment

he only fights once a year anyway. It's not like he would be more active if he didn't go to jail.

Comment

it's a hall of fame resume, but the point i was illustrating is that it's still doing his talent no justice.
              his resume, while not being 'great', is a number of cuts above 'mediocre'. that's what i meant. if you were being rhetorical and i did not apprehend it, you have my apologies.

Comment

Floyd needs a tune up? Floyd fights 4 times every 6 years. His gullible fans can be easily tricked by this. They will buy this fight for sure and declare Floyd the GOAT as they always do even though Floyd did nothing for the last 6 years other than weight cheated Marquez, sucker punched Ortiz, fought past prime Mosley and Cotto.

Comment

Thats all he fights is tune ups. He fights a tune up to prepare for his year off to find a perfect cherry pick opponent to tune up for his next long lay off! :WORD:

Comment

No he doesn't. Fresh out of jail he should have been looking to fight for December

Comment

Originally posted by masinhi View Post
                      Im just saying... Floyd might be undefeated but he is still human. He deserves a tune up after the year he has had and his age. If he picks another B level opponent in September then you guys can start complaining.......
                      So does another tune-up fight deserve to be a PPV event?

PPV and tune-up fight just don't mix well in my book. Anyhow, what's the point of a a tune-up fight when Floyd keeps on fighting on average 1 fight a year?

Comment

Working...
                      X