Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook's Promoter Furious Over Mayweather-Alexander News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if Devon fought Mayweather he'd be stripped, so there'd be no 'unification'. without the Mayweather fight, he has to fight Kell or be stripped just the same.

and Devon can not get a Mayweather fight. it categorically will not happen. so the only way he can escape from Kell is by dropping his title with a whimper and looking for other fights.

Comment

Ironic Eddie is crying over this one. I mean fair enough with contracts signed and what not but let me remind everyone of the IBF/Froch/Stevenson affair. I mean hasnt Eddie directed Carl away from what should be a mandatory and the IBF said that if he (Froch) avoided him (Stevenson) he would be stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by ronanknox View Post
        this is exactly whats wrong with boxing, will somebody listen to the fans, kell brook fought every title eliminator the IBF put him in, if alexander wants the big pay day fine, strip him of the title and let brook fight for the vacant belt, nobody wants to see alexander vs mayweather, people can say kell brook don't have a big following in the U.S thats true but either does devon, and any last bit of respect i had for him after his quit job against bradly will be long gone if he has made up an injury to get out of this fight, but i'm not rulling out that floyd might of just said this to put us all off the scent of who his real opponents is, heres hoping
        Hi Ronanknox - I hope you are well - I could'nt of put this better myself - Brook and young upcoming fighters who have put in the hardwork deserve better than this I just hope the IBF are true to there word.

Comment

Originally posted by themadworldofjb
          Ironic Eddie is crying over this one. I mean fair enough with contracts signed and what not but let me remind everyone of the IBF/Froch/Stevenson affair. I mean hasnt Eddie directed Carl away from what should be a mandatory and the IBF said that if he (Froch) avoided him (Stevenson) he would be stripped.
          Unifying takes priority over mandatories. With that said, as they explained earlier, Froch has no contract with Stevenson. The only way Froch would be stripped is if he was to fight some dude without a belt instead of his mandatory.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
          X