Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Donaire vs. Darchinyan Might Be a Better Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sh|tty fight. i totally blame rigo for the fight not happening. but will sh|t also on donaire for fighting vic

Comment

No way..............

I hate this sport. Too many disappointments.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Well.... all we need to do now is wait for Donaire's contract to expire
        WHen is his contract gonna expire?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          There is a possibility that undefeated WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0. 8 KO’s) may be replaced by Vic Darchinyan in the title fight against WBO/Ring Magazine and WBC Diamond Belt champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire (31-1, 20 KO’s) in Donaire's fourth title defense possibly at New York’s Madison Square Garden on April 13.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard that there is “a real problem. Its stupid” referring to Rigondeaux’s demand that Top Rank settle a pending legal dispute with Miami-based Caribe Promotions before he signs the contract to fight Donaire.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          From Mares ducked, to Rigo skipped, and now to Darchinyan??!

Oh yeah Nonito is the FOTY.

Comment

Rigo is a flip flop that's all bul S. Arum did the rite thing here and Rigo makes no sence here that problem is not his and is scare he wanted Nonito he got it for more money that he will ever.make.

Comment

let's just forget about Mares because neither side really wanted it. don't believe Golden Boy's grand standing

Rigo must be the biggest idiot in boxing, if he thinks Arum will pay to take care of it. Uncle Bob isn't going to take care of Rigondeaux's bad business deals.

Rigo finally has the fight he wants. he needs to STFU and take it.

Comment

At least one thing we can be sure of is that Vic will train his ass off and come to fight. Win or lose (even as a big fan I know the latter is most likely) Vic will give it his all. He is too small and too old, and I would hate to see him knocked down again, but if he comes in with the right game plan and avoids Nonito's viscious left, he can at least make it an entertaining if not even competitive fight. Like the man said, he's the one who gave the unknown Donaire a chance back in '07, now he deserves to at least have an opportunity to avenge the loss. I know he wants it, and even if I'm worried about it, I respect his wishes and realize he knows what he's getting into.

Comment

Vic deserves the fight, its like he said, he gave nonito the opportunity so donaire's just doing the same. Vic has never ducked anyone and gave everyone a fair crack at him. Screw rigondeaux, the guy thinks he's a superstar even though the guy looks like crap and has no following. For all the crap he talked he still hasn't backed up shiet. I honestly hope he gets beat his next fight so we never hear about him again.

Comment

Why wouldn't Dunkin/Donaire/Arum love this fight? Nonito gets to make another six-figure pay-day and smash a faded fighter that he already beat when he was in his prime. Darchinyan has a name, he talks shit, and he's exciting. Darchinyan is gonna get stopped in hilarious fashion like he did last time. This is a "better" fight for those involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
                      I can't believe Rigo, with 13 fights or so, and no fan base, was offered 750k. Even crazier is that he some how manage to fvkk up it. I have no sympathy for this guy.

I never want to hear him or his team cry about the top guys not wanting to face him.
                      Only thing wrong with this post is that Rigo has eleven fights. Even that's not off, since you say, "or so."

Comment

Working...
                      X