No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Donaire vs. Darchinyan Might Be a Better Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
    I think Rigo has cold feet about facing Donaire and thats' why he's using this 'legal issue" as an excuse not to fight until he feels ready. This is a bad business move on Rigo, for he has the opportunity to make the biggest purse of his short career, gain worldwide recognition as the best SBW and top 10 p4p fighter, dudes blowing an opportunity of a lifetime and losing fans in the process.
    You do realize that Rigo's last two fights had issues that were beyond his control that nearly cost him one fight (Marroquin) and shut down the otehr (Poonsawat)?

You can't fault him for wanting assurances that his Biggest Fight Ever will have no distracting possibilities of cancelling.

How is what Rigo demanding unfair? His two promotional/management groups that he is stuck with, have an ongoing legal dispute, over him! All he's asking for is that they settle their shit before his biggest fight. Do you remember at all the back and forth drama that was going on for the Marroquin fight, which is peanuts compared to Rigo vs Donaire? If this fight got signed in its current state, I bet you you'd see "court injunction" this and "never consulted" that.

Rigo is a fighter who fought years for free, only because we was so damn good. He 's not a lawyer, or a businessman. Fuck that shit. all he is saying is that if those bitches want his time invested, they gotta prove that they settled their shit.

Comment

Called it! i said some mysterious b/s was gonna happen that they where going to hold on to be blamed on Rigondeaux just like with Mares so Donaire could be off the hook to fight Vic no surprise here fellas may call me oracle from now on

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
        You do realize that Rigo's last two fights had issues that were beyond his control that nearly cost him one fight (Marroquin) and shut down the otehr (Poonsawat)?

You can't fault him for wanting assurances that his Biggest Fight Ever will have no distracting possibilities of cancelling.

How is what Rigo demanding unfair? His two promotional/management groups that he is stuck with, have an ongoing legal dispute, over him! All he's asking for is that they settle their shit before his biggest fight. Do you remember at all the back and forth drama that was going on for the Marroquin fight, which is peanuts compared to Rigo vs Donaire? If this fight got signed in its current state, I bet you you'd see "court injunction" this and "never consulted" that.

Rigo is a fighter who fought years for free, only because we was so damn good. He 's not a lawyer, or a businessman. Fuck that shit. all he is saying is that if those bitches want his time invested, they gotta prove that they settled their shit.
        Neither of those fights fell through due to an injunction. What he really means is, have Top Rank buy him out of Caribe. TR has no intention of doing so, esp as the ridiculous purse will only make the buyout more expensive. What they're saying is, here's a crazy big purse, take care of your own business. Even after Caribe gets theirs, Rigo is left with many times his career best so far. Surely he's not thinking of this as a cashout, he believes he wins?

Comment

Would rather the young guns get a shot Framps/Quigg or Terrazas

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            Would rather the young guns get a shot Framps/Quigg or Terrazas
            Do you feel like Frampton and Quigg's promoters would go along? Pretty sure not on a 2 months notice, but even 6 months from now? Seems like a cashout move, they haven't fought legit live contenders yet.

I haven't seen much of Terrazas, but he struck me as nothing special, just a good sized, slow sbw. Montiel couldn't deal with his size and strength. He also got stopped by Munroe who used to be pretty good, but always featherfisted.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Do you feel like Frampton and Quigg's promoters would go along? Pretty sure not on a 2 months notice, but even 6 months from now? Seems like a cashout move, they haven't fought legit live contenders yet.

I haven't seen much of Terrazas, but he struck me as nothing special, just a good sized, slow sbw. Montiel couldn't deal with his size and strength. He also got stopped by Munroe who used to be pretty good, but always featherfisted.
              All good points and no unless the money is too good to pass up..... But without Mares and Rigo (if he doesn't sign) the options are slim

IMO without the Mares Rigo duo the best realistic option is Terrazas..... Definitely picking him to beat Mijares when they face off

Comment

Oh, haha.

Here i thought i would mock Floyd the entire day, but this may take the cake.

Darchinyan rematch? For what reason?

I think we may need Hatton to make a comeback to finally settle it with Manny Pacquiao once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                  All good points and no unless the money is too good to pass up..... But without Mares and Rigo (if he doesn't sign) the options are slim

IMO without the Mares Rigo duo the best realistic option is Terrazas..... Definitely picking him to beat Mijares when they face off
                  Mijares looked surprisingly big and strong punching vs Rafa. Just all around better than expected, more physical. It could be that Rafa is that far gone.

Comment

I rather see Vic vs Rigo and Donaire vs Mares and the winners fight each other..even the loser fight eah other would be ok
                    Donaire vs Vic is another quick KO for Donaire

Comment

How is Vic even relevant these days?
                      Because he's the nabf champ?

He's lost 2 out of his last 3 and his win is not against a very good fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X