Comments Thread For: Mayweather Says Deal To Face Alexander is Nearly Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be a boring ass fight

Comment

I liked Guerrero more than Alexander, but think about this......Are beating Aydin and Berto really so much better than beating Maidana and Bailey??? And at least Devon beat Urango and Witter.

But I mean, I'd rather not see this. But oh well. Hopefully Guerrero-Maidana and Canelo-Trout get made, so Floyd can 100% fight the winner of either of those fights.

This does nothing for Floyd. It's the same as Judah win, an alright/decent win. Nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Fight was initially scheduled for January 19th, Brook was injured otherwise it would have gone ahead.
        Except that Brook was actually injured and rescheduled it for February 23rd. Alexander by all looks appears to have been faking and screwed Brook out of an entire camp for nothing. That's fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
          This guy has to be the biggest puzzy I have seen in the game of Boxing, for seeking the safest route, no threat to his "Undefeated, Hand Picked" record, so to claim another "belt" if it matters. This is typical Junior for you:

Junior made Mosley & Cotto wait for 10 years to fight, hoping both were too old, slow, had too many wars, and be a much lesser threat, than fight either during their PRIME. He nearly guessed wrong anyway. Mosley nearly had him KO'd in 2, and Cotto had enough in the tank, to turn his fight into a 12 round street fight that left Junior bloodied, looking for his sunglasses.

Junior selected Victor Ortiz just after Marcos Maidana destroyed Ortiz in 8 rounds. Usually Champions select the winner of a fight; Junior chose the loser, who just got severely KO'd.

Junior has made Pacquiao wait more than 4 years, with a host of claims why the fight hasn't happened, claiming he was on the phone to Manny; all Image Control. Pacquiao to dangerous in his prime, and still too dangerous today.

Junior walked away from a $25 million dollar rematch with Oscar Dela Hoya, a fight that most watched, felt Oscar clearly won that fight. Junior got hit more in that fight than ever before; he wanted no part of Oscar again, so much, he walked from $25 million dollars.

Junior has been name dropping Robert Guerrero this Summer, and Canelo Alvarez in September... WHO really thought that would happen? Guerrero is ona hot streak, tough as hell, takes terrific punches, in his prime, IS CALLING OUT JUNIOR HIMSELF... that's too confident, and no way Junior wants to roll the dice with Guerrero. And now he announces as much.

Junior is dreaming if he thinks he has the ballz to fight Canelo, the closest thing we have seen to a young, Marvelous Marvin Hagler. Hell, Junior Mayweather wouldn't even fight Sergio Martinez!!! Why then would he want to get hunted down by Canelo, who will take away your heart, shatter any will you have, then knock you out with either hand...a motor that never tires, and keeps coming. NO WAY, Junior will ever get in the ring with Canelo.

SO... all those things considered, Junior finds a guy laying in the weeds with a title, a guy that was afraid to throw punches with Tim Bradley, so that seems like a low risk opponent for Junior. ONCE again... take the LOSER, Junior. Rather than fight Tim Bradley, who has the belt handed to him, from the fix from Pacquiao, you hand pick the guy who looked scared and lost to Bradley... YOU TAKE DEVON ALEXANDER, who doesn't sell tickets. Damn are you ever gutless, and you don't care. It's about the trip to the bank, and the ability to point to your ZERO in the loss column. You certainly will never be considered Legend material, like Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Arguello, Chavez Sr, or even Dela Hoya or Mosley. Those guys always fought the best of the best, IN THEIR PRIME, multiple times, win, lose, or draw.

He played this game with fans letting us believe he was ready to challenge Guerrero first then Canelo in September. Of course he's not fighting Guerrero; he's taking a soft fight... Devon Alexander. Don't be naive to believe he'll ever get in the ring with Canelo; that will NEVER happen. And Pacquiao is still too much of a risk, and that fight will never happen. What a disgusting example of a supposed champion. Junior Mayweather needs to grow a set.
          tldr, and like someone else said, this is basically like bradley vs Pac

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            We're starting to get some Alexander is about the same Guerrero posts Never mind the fact he looked awful against a guy in Bailey that was only throwing 6 punches per round. There is no defending this pick of opponent. If he doesn't care if it's gonna sell and needs to fight a Haymon fighter, it should Austin Trout.
            Yup, and only the truest of the dickriders are giving it credit. Like the ones that would literally sacrifice themselves for Floyd, at least some of the lesser deluded Floyd fans are expressing how shit this fight is.

Comment

I'd rather watch animals mate on the Discovery channel, then this pile of dog shyt.

words can't describe my level of disappointment!! i mean devon? Really???

****in Really??

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                Well Floyd managed to do one thing...find a fight as bad as Pacquiao-Rios. I didn't think that was possible.

Seriously, this is a **** fight. The ONLY benefit is that Guerrero and Canelo now have an opportunity to face an opponent good enough to truly earn the Floyd fight. Perhaps Guerrero-Marquez and Canelo-Trout? Hopefully not each other though...Canelo needs to fight a legit Super WW and Guerrero needs to fight either Marquez first, or both Senchenko and Paulie to build his WW resume.

If this goes through, Floyd better knock this kid out or I'll lose all respect for him. There's no reason why this should last 12 rounds. And he certainly must fight Canelo/Trout immediately afterward.
                As bad as Pacquiao-Rios? wtf Pac vs Rios is an action fight that the casual fans will enjoy, Mayweather vs. Alexander is a garbage fight, boring stink fest.

I doubt Floyd is fighting him though, he probably teasing to see what hte public thinks, and trying to get Guerrero to bite the lowball offer.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  I liked Guerrero more than Alexander, but think about this......Are beating Aydin and Berto really so much better than beating Maidana and Bailey??? And at least Devon beat Urango and Witter.

But I mean, I'd rather not see this. But oh well. Hopefully Guerrero-Maidana and Canelo-Trout get made, so Floyd can 100% fight the winner of either of those fights.
                  Jesus Soto Karass was giving Maidana hell at WW and Bailey just prays he lands a bomb out of the 6 he throws a round. I'd pick Berto to beat both of them and I hate Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

This does nothing for Floyd. It's the same as Judah win, an alright/decent win. Nothing more.
                    Dear God...

It begins

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      Yup, and only the truest of the dickriders are giving it credit. Like the ones that would literally sacrifice themselves for Floyd, at least some of the lesser deluded Floyd fans are expressing how shit this fight is.
                      I'm very curious to see Larry's response to this.

Comment

Working...
                      X