Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because he's ranked P4P #1?

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      My fault, you right. I DID watch it live though. Anyways, that fight was HUGE for both fighters. I consider that Marg's career defining moment, before the Cotto fight. That's when people started to recognize him as an elite WW.
      apology accepted.

Thats my point-Margs was being used to launch espn's ppv arm, so they ranked him #1 when IMO he clearly wasn't. His wins over 6 heads was his best win at the time. SO am I going to go with what ESPN is saying about margs just because they partnering with TR to do a fight?

A lot of posters forget this like you did.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Im not excusing Floyd from doing that, he needs to fight legit competition at 154. When did I say otherwise?
        You're basically saying, well Pac wouldn't fight these guys, why should Floyd be expected to. Because he's a 2x champ at 154, currently ranked #1.

Pac has peaked out at 147. Even discounting his bogus sww title, it's more than anyone has moved up successfully.

Comment

In the end, when a fighter goes around claiming to be the BEST. Then people expect for him to take the hardest and tough challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            You're basically saying, well Pac wouldn't fight these guys, why should Floyd be expected to. Because he's a 2x champ at 154, currently ranked #1.

Pac has peaked out at 147. Even discounting his bogus sww title, it's more than anyone has moved up successfully.
            No Pac is not expected to fight these guys...Floyd is.

I think alot of fans need to go back and watch Roberto Duran, one of the greatest of all time, he FOUGHT everyone. He won some and lost some.

But he lived.....he lived to fight another day.

Comment

what i know is he's below the standard that his fans tried to put him up to. his career and accomplishments can not measure up to the greatness his fans tried to portray him.

he's a very skilled and talented fighter but his accomplishments is not as great.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                What? You said that Marg was better than Baldo here:

So Marg was better but Baldo was lineal and the man!
                Baldo had the better win at the time. Margs wasn't the man. would I pick Margs over Baldo H2H, yes. but baldo still beat the lineal champ and that has to make him the man at 147 at the time.

Comment

Because he's the best fighter in the sport by far?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    apology accepted.

Thats my point-Margs was being used to launch espn's ppv arm, so they ranked him #1 when IMO he clearly wasn't. His wins over 6 heads was his best win at the time. SO am I going to go with what ESPN is saying about margs just because they partnering with TR to do a fight?

A lot of posters forget this like you did.
                    God, you couldn't be more wrong. Him beating 6 heads Lewis was a huge deal at the time, and had people on notice. Cintron was undefeated at the time, and was just as marketable. Power punching, long, PR fighter. The fight was to determine who the next potential star of WW was going to be.

You seem to forget how big this fight was at the time. Just because, you're trying to prop up Baldomir's status, doesn't mean the Margarito/Cintron fight wasn't HUGE in the boxing community, and the whole Mexico/PR rivalry.

Who was better than Margs at the time, besides Paull Williams (too green)? Cotto?
                    Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Floyd is an underachiever, Pac is an overachiever. Pac made a name for himself beating fighters he wasn't supposed to beat, Floyd beat up on the guys he was supposed to beat.

Comment

Working...
                      X