No announcement yet.

Andre Ward Fans/Joe Calzaghe Bashers answer me this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
    Well looks like Earl is at it again with more stupid, baseless, anti-merica threads.

But don't worry by his measure all Ward has to do is beat someone like Nathan Cleverly or Tavoris Cloud at 175 and he will then surpass Calzaghe having beaten an undefeated champion.

As a Ward fan I'm not worried about it. He's already accomplished as much in 26 fights as Calzaghe did in 46. By the time he is retired the question of who was the better fighter won't even be worth a debate.
    Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Because seemingly it's impossible to be one without the other

Please don't duck the question or ramble on about some other nonsense

Which undefeated champions has Ward beaten?

I can end your bait questions right now by doing the "seemingly impossible". I'm a big fan of both. Even if I wasn't your argument would hold no water. I bet you were looking at box rec and thinking to yourself "I found the 8 wonder of the world". LMFAO

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
      See your love for one man creates Hate for a whole group of others!! I'm not saying Wards just some bum but he's getting overrated way to early! Anthony Dirrell became his mandatory so um ya! You telling me Pavlik is the most talented! Froch had already been beaten by Kessler, Kessler was already beaten by Calzaghe, Abraham had already been beaten by Froch and Dirrell! Who has Ward really beaten other than Dawson who wasn't even in his weightclass! These were all hometown fights aswell! with alot of controversy in the Kessler fight!
      I would pick Stevenson to do a number on Pavlik but somehow Pavlik is worthy???
      At this point Ward isn't IMO ranked higher than Zags but he is pacing himself to be leaps and bounds above him by careers end. If you want to be taken seriously don't ever mention Andre Dirrell in the same paragraph with Ward. I got a question for you. Is there any black fighter in history that's not overrated? First Ali now the most proven fighter today. You definitely have a pattern. Put David Duke in your avi and it all will make sense.

Comment

Ward hasn't beaten an undefeated champion, so what??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Ward hasn't beaten an undefeated champion, so what??
          True, that's why TS abandoned thread.

Comment

I think they are both good fighters but I think Ward uses illegal holding while hitting tactics that he gets away with in Oakland. I think Calzaghe could beat Ward in a close fight. Ward never beat an undefeated champion.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I think they are both good fighters but I think Ward uses illegal holding while hitting tactics that he gets away with in Oakland. I think Calzaghe could beat Ward in a close fight. Ward never beat an undefeated champion.
              That last fact doesn't make one any better or worse. Why reiterate it?

Comment

Who cares if Calzaghe beat undefeated fighters? Being undefeated is usually a product of excellent matchmaking and being babied by your promoter. And Calzaghe himself is the ultimate example of that fact. You need to open your eyes and look at a fighter's talents instead of his record. Maybe if you Brits started doing that you wouldn't get fooled everytime Frank Warren tells you "hey this undefeated Brit who's fought nobody but bums is going to be the next p4p champ trust me."

Comment

lmao calzaghe is the biggest fraud in boxing. Picking on old people. Ward is like a prime Hopkins and would have picked Joe apart like old Hopkins did anyway.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Bring It On View Post
                    I'm a fan of both.

I think Ward will end up with a better resume, and I also think Ward would've won a fairly clear decision in a competitive fight if they would've fought when both were in their prime.

Calzaghe is unfairly hated on this site though.
                    Andre wins if the fight is in Oakland....Joe wins if the fight is in Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                      Well let me see, Froch is blasting through people right now. Chad is still the champion @ LHW. Allen Green was on a streak when Ward beat him. I mean just look at the people he fought and look at where they are now. Abraham, Kessler, Froch, all champions my friend. It just adds to Wards greatness.
                      Froch or Kessler aren't in their primes I don't care if they're winning right now they still aren't in their primes! Green seriously?? He fought Chad at 168 he didn't beat Chad at his best!! We need to keep things real or that's how these guys end up overrated!

Comment

Working...
                      X