No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez is Firm: I'm Not Interested, I Don't Owe Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    very desperately want it erased! This has gotten sad. Knew pac fans loved him as a fighter but never knew they were this emotionally involved.
    its all they ever had and it was brutally taken away from them.

Comment

• Yup.

Pac stans wanna front like 154 Cotto at 148 (hahaha) wasn't Pac's 1st choice.

When Cotto told him to phuck off and went with Floyd/GBP, Pac went with 135 Marquez at 147 (hahahahah).

Then 135 Marquez read Pac his favorite bedtime story 'Knock me out and you win' by One Manwell Mark Kaz. (hahahahhahaha).

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      come herobando-you are not trying to argue the polls as scientfic or valid?

Your post would make sense if Manny himself hadn't tried to make the cotto rematch at a cw 1st. He only made the 4th because cotto turned him down. Manny himself said he had nothing more to prove with JMM.

Now there is a need for a 5th fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        come herobando-you are not trying to argue the polls as scientfic or valid?

Your post would make sense if Manny himself hadn't tried to make the cotto rematch at a cw 1st. He only made the 4th because cotto turned him down. Manny himself said he had nothing more to prove with JMM.

Now there is a need for a 5th fight?
        There is no need for it, but there's tons of demand and there's a huge payday in it for Marquez. If he wants to retire, by all means, but he'd be leaving massive money on the table. He's shown no interest in fighting top LWWs and WWs unless there's big money in it for him. Bradley, Rios etc bring far less money, and a legit chance of losing.

I'm sure he's just posturing now, he's earned it. I just don't see any other fight that makes sense for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          I personally think that if Marquez calls it quits, I respect that. If he decides to fight some bum, I'm not down with that.

He doesn't owe Pac anything but I also don't want to see him fight someone that doesn't make sense. For me, I would rather see him retire but he's going to make one last pay day before he calls it quits.
          I think Pac deserves a rematch.

It's not like Marquez was dominating this fight, he was actually outboxed.

It's not like Pacquiao never game him rematches. Pacquiao could have escaped with the SD wins on his record saying "I don't owe Marquez".

Comment

• Originally posted by josenoway View Post
            Yup.

Pac stans wanna front like 154 Cotto at 148 (hahaha) wasn't Pac's 1st choice.

When Cotto told him to phuck off and went with Floyd/GBP, Pac went with 135 Marquez at 147 (hahahahah).

Then 135 Marquez read Pac his favorite bedtime story 'Knock me out and you win' by One Manwell Mark Kaz. (hahahahhahaha).
            But he gave Cotto 150 after he badgered him about it, so why did Cotto refuse? Cotto also wanted 150 against Marg not long ago. And as we saw vs Trout, he's nowhere near a legit SWW, just too lazy to make welter. He should be psyched someone would meet him at his preferred weight of 150.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              the media saying there will be a 5th fight because bob works that way and them "wanting" it are not the same. boxing fans prefer to see manny fight bradley again then floyd and let JMM go back to LW/JWW and fight there.

only manny fans want another fight because they desperately want to erase what happened.
              really? who do you think will pay MArquez and Pac that huge? Boxing fans, Bob wont give huge payday for the two if boxing fans will not buy it! lol! so you telling me boxing fans not interested on this fight? lol!

Boxing fans want it.. Flomos (imadazed, fetta, Big Dunn, josenoway, etc) dont want it! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                There is no need for it, but there's tons of demand and there's a huge payday in it for Marquez. If he wants to retire, by all means, but he'd be leaving massive money on the table. He's shown no interest in fighting top LWWs and WWs unless there's big money in it for him. Bradley, Rios etc bring far less money, and a legit chance of losing.

I'm sure he's just posturing now, he's earned it. I just don't see any other fight that makes sense for him.
                there isn't tons of demand. There is the potential for a fight in Mexico in front of JMM's fans-which the last fight showed made up the bulk of the live audience.

I agree no other fight makes sense for JMM. But as boxing fans- a young champion like a broner or a garcia fightin and beating him would be better for boxing as a whole.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  I think Pac deserves a rematch.

It's not like Marquez was dominating this fight, he was actually outboxed.

It's not like Pacquiao never game him rematches. Pacquiao could have escaped with the SD wins on his record saying "I don't owe Marquez".
                  pac was winning by one round and if he got up he would be losing with half, sorry HALF, the fight still to go. JMM was waiting and caught Pac. Game over

Comment

• I honestly agree with JMM and his reasoning. If Manny KO'd Marquez there wouldn't be any talking for a 5th fight and as chisled as Marquez looked coming into the fight, he didn't box Manny the way he used to. He's nearly 40 years old and realized that if I can't really box at this pace anymore, Im going to look for 1 punch and he got it. He also got beaten worse in those 6 rounds than he did against Floyd. Marquez is old now and should go out in the sunlight and Pac should still fight on cuz the man is a champion and he can't go out like that. Marquez has every right to duck Manny because if it were the other way around, there is no way in hell Manny would have granted JMM a rematch so why should he do any differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustinFloyd View Post
                      really? who do you think will pay MArquez and Pac that huge? Boxing fans, Bob wont give huge payday for the two if boxing fans will not buy it! lol! so you telling me boxing fans not interested on this fight? lol!

Boxing fans want it.. Flomos (imadazed, fetta, Big Dunn, josenoway, etc) dont want it! lol
                      thats why the fight will likely be in mexico, because boxing fans want it sooooo mucn.

Comment

Working...
                      X