No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Austin Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    My gf is white, and I don't take kindly to white females being refered to as "white bitches" it offends me.

Not sure what you've heard but I'm sure they're lies. Aside from racism, I dislike negative stereotpyes..

Please stop posting offensive crap.
    I can understand that but unless you consider your gf a "white *****" I don't understand why you caping for all of them. If he said "YOUR white *****" that is disrespectful to you and your woman I could understand and would expect you to say or do something.

But I know that some women are *****es and race or nationality has nothing to do with it. So unless someone is addressing my wife or female family members I could actually careless in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      floyd didn't do much worse against cotto than trout. in fact, i'd say he probably did at least as well or better.

i only watched the trout fight once, maybe twice.

and the mayweather fight i have not seen in a few months, but that's what i remember from them.

floyd did not go life and death with miguel cotto. that's a myth perpetuated by people who have no idea how to score a fight, and don't like floyd mayweather.

the one thing cotto did well against floyd that few others have done is to institute the jab. that's what marked floyd up, and allowed cotto to land shots.
      Exactly!!! If you dont have a jab you wont touch Floyd. And Trout, like most southpaws, doesnt have that good, snappy, heavy jab that it takes to beat a fighter like Floyd. Hes not the dynamic puncher of a prime Manny Pacquiao either. Hes not even as skilled as a Zab Judah. Basically hes a better version of Paul Williams IMO. Which means hes a good fighter but hes not turning any heads.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Have you seen the Judah fight? he got outboxed until Floyd adjusted and started making the fight rougher. He lost the technical fight.

he even abandoned his phillyshell

Floyd still won regardless if he out-boxed him or not.And Floyd did outbox him;boxing is not a sprint its more like a marathon.Just because Judah took some rounds from him that don`t automatically mean a Trout win over Floyd.Floyd is still alot faster then Trout and more skilled then Trout and is accustomed to fighting slick boxers of Trout`s size cause he spars with solid Middleweights.

Trout lost some rounds to Cotto also but that don`t mean he got outboxed.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          no matter how good a fighter is , there will always be someone that could make him look beatable as was the case with judah for the first 4 rounds .. if only judah had the durabilty and mental toughness of a real fighter, who knew what could've happened in that fight...coz skill for skill he did seem to belong in the same ring with floyd ...

that's what normally happen becuase you floyd f@gs cant accept the fact that there are certain styles ( combined with few qualities) that can give floyd a lot of trouble...

Once Floyd adjusted to Judah`s Style Judah could barely touch him which caused Judah to fold.Same thing with Mosley in the Floyd fight.

And to me it would be the same if Floyd and Trout were to fight.

Comment

tall, busy jab, good range, high punch output = might be enough to steal rounds from floyd.

to beat a defensive fighter, do EXACTLY that... keep him on the defensive. think p-will vs winky... winky is one of my all time favorite defensive fighters, but p-wills punch output kept winky from establishing any kind of offense.

i think thats where fighters mess up against floyd, they start out strong but after a few counters they abandon their offense then they let floyd get off first and establish his offense. floyd takes their confidence.

if trout can stay on the outside and minimize floyd's counters while relentlessly pumping out that jab to win rounds, i dont see why trout couldnt beat floyd.... thats solely based on the tools to "beat" floyd.

but floyd has alot of intangibles that make him unique. his ring IQ & adaptability is PROVEN.... i have to see more of trout to even consider him a REAL threat.

Comment

its better than fighting guerrero or canelo, thats for sure. but realistically only a fight with martinez for the middleweight strap adds to his legacy. if by some miracle that came to fruition this year, id be picking mayweather over martinez

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                its better than fighting guerrero or canelo, thats for sure. but realistically only a fight with martinez for the middleweight strap adds to his legacy. if by some miracle that came to fruition this year, id be picking mayweather over martinez
                I see this fight playing out like Ward-Dawson, mismatch of skillsets and timing. Trout eats the right hand all night.

Comment

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
                  tall, busy jab, good range, high punch output = might be enough to steal rounds from floyd.

to beat a defensive fighter, do EXACTLY that... keep him on the defensive. think p-will vs winky... winky is one of my all time favorite defensive fighters, but p-wills punch output kept winky from establishing any kind of offense.

i think thats where fighters mess up against floyd, they start out strong but after a few counters they abandon their offense then they let floyd get off first and establish his offense. floyd takes their confidence.

if trout can stay on the outside and minimize floyd's counters while relentlessly pumping out that jab to win rounds, i dont see why trout couldnt beat floyd.... thats solely based on the tools to "beat" floyd.

but floyd has alot of intangibles that make him unique. his ring IQ & adaptability is PROVEN.... i have to see more of trout to even consider him a REAL threat.
                  I get and respect what you saying but using Winky Wright as an example is a comparison. Winky is a defensive fighter but he uses his defense totally different than PBF also Winky is not a counter puncher either. Winky liked to block punches and then punch when the opponent was finished. PBF likes to make you miss and pay in-between those punches at times. Two defensive fighters but two totally different fighters as well.

Comment

I honestly didn't think Trout schooled Cotto. Just like I know Floyd didn't. Cotto was competitive in both fights. But back to the subject, I do believe that trout edges Floyd in a close but clear victory.

I'll take Trouts size, southpaw stance & fairly good skill over an aging Floyd. This is no disrespect towards Floyd's greatness. But I'm sure Trout is more hungry & his physical advantages are too clear.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      floyd didn't do much worse against cotto than trout. in fact, i'd say he probably did at least as well or better.

i only watched the trout fight once, maybe twice.

and the mayweather fight i have not seen in a few months, but that's what i remember from them.

floyd did not go life and death with miguel cotto. that's a myth perpetuated by people who have no idea how to score a fight, and don't like floyd mayweather.

the one thing cotto did well against floyd that few others have done is to institute the jab. that's what marked floyd up, and allowed cotto to land shots.
                      Yep Trout took big shots and couldn't buckle Cotto. Floyd only took the occasional jab

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      Exactly!!! If you dont have a jab you wont touch Floyd. And Trout, like most southpaws, doesnt have that good, snappy, heavy jab that it takes to beat a fighter like Floyd. Hes not the dynamic puncher of a prime Manny Pacquiao either. Hes not even as skilled as a Zab Judah. Basically hes a better version of Paul Williams IMO. Which means hes a good fighter but hes not turning any heads.
                      Trout has a jab from what I seen. His right hand is good, but his left hand isn't as good as you would expect for a southpaw. This benefits Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X