No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux Hires Pedro Diaz, Gives Donaire Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VVho View Post
    what? im pretty sure gamboa didnt just say i dont wanna fight him. There was contract problems, hes not even with TR anymore
    he did'nt have to say it , it was obvious coz he did'nt show up ..now , for whatever reason i dunno...i dont think he was scared but had he showed up , it would've happened...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      he did'nt have to say it , it was obvious coz he did'nt show up ..now , for whatever reason i dunno...i dont think he was scared but had he showed up , it would've happened...
      Well, let's see. Gamboa stated he had contractual issues. He was sued and lawyered-up. Yuri was on ice for about a year until 50 Cent and Mayweather bought out his contract from Top Rank. Now Gamboa's back in action. These are undeniable facts. It seems abundantly clear to me that the "whatever reason" Yuri didn't show up for the Rios fight was because he had a beef with his promoters. The notion the multitude of children on this website like to believe that Gamboa ducked Rios is a fairytale.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Well, let's see. Gamboa stated he had contractual issues. He was sued and lawyered-up. Yuri was on ice for about a year until 50 Cent and Mayweather bought out his contract from Top Rank. Now Gamboa's back in action. These are undeniable facts. It seems abundantly clear to me that the "whatever reason" Yuri didn't show up for the Rios fight was because he had a beef with his promoters. The notion the multitude of children on this website like to believe that Gamboa ducked Rios is a fairytale.
        then he should've brought those up earlier.. but no,he kept his mouth shut while everybody was expecting the fight to happen...then came the no show stunt during the press con.... whether he had a beef with top rank or not , it was still him why that fight did'nt happen...

Comment

then he should've brought those up earlier.. but no,he kept his mouth shut while everybody was expecting the fight to happen...then came the no show stunt during the press con.... whether he had a beef with top rank or not , it was still him why that fight did'nt happen...
          On this we can agree. Gamboa went about the whole thing in bizarre fashion. I was more upset than most when he pulled that stunt. I just roll my eyes every time I read the word "duck," though, like Yuri is afraid to fight Rios. Please... It's juvenile, to say the least.

I'm really hoping Rigo doesn't follow in Gamboa's footsteps and make a likewise questionable move with Donaire. He needs to sign that damn contract now!

Comment

On this we can agree. Gamboa went about the whole thing in bizarre fashion. I was more upset than most when he pulled that stunt. I just roll my eyes every time I read the word "duck," though, like Yuri is afraid to fight Rios. Please... It's juvenile, to say the least.

I'm really hoping Rigo doesn't follow in Gamboa's footsteps and make a likewise questionable move with Donaire. He needs to sign that damn contract now!
            i hear you.. and forgive me for sayin duck once in a while when talkin about gamboa , dont mean duck as in " scared " ..instead i mean " the one to blame "...

with rigo , i agree, this is the time he's been waiting for and he better believ it aint gonna wait for him...

Comment

i hear you.. and forgive me for sayin duck once in a while when talkin about gamboa , dont mean duck as in " scared " ..instead i mean " the one to blame "...

with rigo , i agree, this is the time he's been waiting for and he better believ it aint gonna wait for him...
              I appreciate that. Thanks.

The more I think about it, the more I think the event will happen. Rigo would have to be nuts not to take this fight. I don't give a damn what his concerns are. He might very well never have this opportunity ever again. If he lets it slip through his fingers, he gets no sympathy from me. Nothing drives me crazier than sheer ******ity.

Comment

I appreciate that. Thanks.

The more I think about it, the more I think the event will happen. Rigo would have to be nuts not to take this fight. I don't give a damn what his concerns are. He might very well never have this opportunity ever again. If he lets it slip through his fingers, he gets no sympathy from me. Nothing drives me crazier than sheer ******ity.

Comment

His first fight after the layoff was on a Top Rank show. But what really surprised me is him repping Team Aydin/Oner a few weeks back. So I don't get who he was having contract issues with.

Comment

Can the Rigondeaux fans that made three threads saying, "Rigo signed, why hasn't Donaire?" shut up now?

Let it play out. They'll sign soon enough.

Comment

I'm not going to say Rigonduck, but to those crying that Donaire should sign already maybe should first ask their idol. I'm still optimistic though that the fight is going happening. But if it doesn't we know who really is ducking.

Comment

Working...
                      X