No announcement yet.

Most Unforgivable RTD/Quit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    The worst one I've seen was Francisco Lorenzo vs Humberto Soto. Lorenzo was getting his ass kicked then as he went down, Soto grazed the back of his head with an illegal shot. Lorenzo exaggerated the blow and pretended he couldn't continue which resulted in Soto getting disqualified. Not an official RTD but still a quit job.
    good one bro, my blood boiled when that was going on.

Comment

no mas - because it came from a legendary fighter

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Victor Ortiz is like the William Shakespeare of quitting : Nobody does it quite as good as he does.
        To quit, or not to quit, that is the question:
        Whether it is nobler of the mind to suffer
        The hooks and crosses of Marcos Maidana,
        Or to go tell Max Kellerman my face hurts.

Comment

I rank Alexander quitting as way worse than Ortiz.

I mean, sure, Ortiz quitting against Maidana was borderline comical. But in some odd way, I respected his honesty. He didn't even pretend to hang on a little more before going down, making it seem like he gave it his all but just couldn't get up (but in reality, could have). He just give it as it was. No sugarcoating.

Devon, meanwhile, feebly faked his way to a loss. Against Tim Bradley. Now, I like Tim, but when he's forcing you to quit there's a problem. And unlike Ortiz, he had not taken much damage. And worst of all, he tried to hoodwink the fans and presented this bullsh-t version where Tim's head has blinded him.

Comment

Tyson vs McBride, can't believe he quit against this bum, he should have thrown everything at him in the first and if he couldn't stop him at least go out trying to win.
            Golota quit against Tyson.
            Duran no mas, although he went 15 rounds with Hagler after.
            Liston quiting was weird, who knows why he really quit?
            Bhop vs Jones 2, I wish someone would have quit.

Comment

I hate seeing older, shot to bits, veterans who come back from long layoffs (or "retirement") trying to convince themselves they've still got it in them (and supposedly had "the best training camp", "feel better then ever before", blah blah blah).... Only to see that when things aren't working out like they spent countless hours daydreaming it would, they fold quicker then a $2 circus chair.

Jose Luis Castillo against Alfonso Gomez comes to mind for me. That was down right SMDH. Nothing says "I just showed up for a paycheck", like sauntering back to my stool and quitting after round 5 because I'm down on the scorecards and don't feel like trying anymore, does. What's even sadder is, he announced after that fight that he was "definately retiring" (because by his own words he didn't have "it" anymore) but has continued to fight on after that insulting display. I mean there's quitting, and there's "Ok I showed up, now where do I pick up my check" quitting. I would rather put $10 in a can while he's standing outside of a Wendy's juggling bananas, then be insulted as a paying fan seeing him get paid for an OBVIOUSLY BLATANT "I need money and don't give a flying **** about the sport" farce. Sadly, at that point, a relatively new fan to the sport would never have guessed that he was a fighter who gave us some of the most entertaining fights in the sport (IMO). He went from fighting (and losing by controversy) to Floyd Mayweather, 2 amazing fights with Corrales etc.... to quitting on his stool against Alfonso Gomez. Quitting when you're NOT hurt???? That's the worst kind of quitting, IMO.

/ End rant.
              Last edited by Lorily; 02-04-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Devon "it's going to be Hagler Hearns II" Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  Devon "it's going to be Hagler Hearns II" Alexander
                  Wtf! Did Alexander actually say that

Comment

Well, obviously it's gotta be Duran. He'd beaten the guy in his last fight, and contrary to what most now think, it was still a very even fight with Leonard only up by a point or two on the cards.

Fascinating too, because he clearly proved himself to have top ten ATG heart, will, determination etc in every single fight he ever had, bar that one. Something was up, we'll just never know what it was entirely. Cramps, pride, embarrassment, humiliation, frustration, all of the above...whatever it was, it brought about the end of a greats prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                      I hate seeing older, shot to bits, veterans who come back from long layoffs (or "retirement") trying to convince themselves they've still got it in them (and supposedly had "the best training camp", "feel better then ever before", blah blah blah).... Only to see that when things aren't working out like they spent countless hours daydreaming it would, they fold quicker then a $2 circus chair.

Jose Luis Castillo against Alfonso Gomez comes to mind for me. That was down right SMDH. Nothing says "I just showed up for a paycheck", like sauntering back to my stool and quitting after round 5 because I'm down on the scorecards and don't feel like trying anymore, does. What's even sadder is, he announced after that fight that he was "definately retiring" (because by his own words he didn't have "it" anymore) but has continued to fight on after that insulting display. I mean there's quitting, and there's "Ok I showed up, now where do I pick up my check" quitting. I would rather put $10 in a can while he's standing outside of a Wendy's juggling bananas, then be insulted as a paying fan seeing him get paid for an OBVIOUSLY BLATANT "I need money and don't give a flying **** about the sport" farce. Sadly, at that point, a relatively new fan to the sport would never have guessed that he was one of the fighters who gave us one of the most entertaining trilogies in the history of the sport (IMO). He went from fighting (and losing by controversy) to Floyd Mayweather, an amazing trilogy with Corrales etc.... to quitting on his stool against Alfonso Gomez. Quitting when you're NOT hurt???? That's the worst kind of quitting, IMO.

/ End rant.
                      He only had two fights with Corrales.

Comment

Working...
                      X