No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Catchweight Criticism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
    Spare me the I been watching boxing 30 years new persona you're going with. You made my point for me you troll. There was no reason for Pac to make Cotto weigh 145 and he fought Oscar at 147.

Give me a good reason.
    Listen, fat man. Who , why or how....who gives a ****? They were both happy with it and Cotto himself said it wasnt a handicap, so I will take that over the opinion of some obese ****** with a Floyd fixation. A bigger handicap is fighting Cotto after he had his brains turned to scrambled egg by Marg with his bricks and Manny with his mysterious floydiot invented super potions.

And as for my long love of the sport, I'm glad to have been around long enough to see whats happened in the sport. You though, have only been following boxing since Floyd v Dlh.

Gay boy, fat too.
    Last edited by junior gong; 02-04-2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
      Spare me the I been watching boxing 30 years new persona you're going with. You made my point for me you troll. There was no reason for Pac to make Cotto weigh 145 and he fought Oscar at 147.

Give me a good reason.
      Personally, I think the catchweight with Cotto has been overblown but you're not going to get a good answer to your question--especially not from a guy who is an irrational hater/stan.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Personally, I think the catchweight with Cotto has been overblown but you're not going to get a good answer to your question--especially not from a guy who is an irrational hater/stan.
        You class burner as a rational fan?

And you're a fine one to talk! I dont hate on any fighter or fluff any fighter, but you couldnt get your tongue any further up floyd's(and also his fans as is evident by your constant rushing in to try and plug the holes in their brains - or lack, thereof) farter if you tried.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          You class burner as a rational fan?

And you're a fine one to talk! I dont hate on any fighter or fluff any fighter, but you couldnt get your tongue any further up floyd's(and also his fans as is evident by your constant rushing in to try and plug the holes in their brains - or lack, thereof) farter if you tried.
          Umm sure.

So like I was saying, Burner...

Comment

Umm sure.

Typical poor attempt at your homespun brand of wit....gets the floydiots moist every time!

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Typical poor attempt at your homespun brand of wit....gets the floydiots moist every time!
              Umm sure.

Comment

I find it funny that most Pacman supporters believe you have to be a Floyd fan to find issues with Pacman's many catchweights. That's simply not true, I can attest to that.

Comment

Junior Gong you're missing the point badly. Why do you think asked for the catch weight in your opinion?

Comment

Don't get me wrong its overblown it didn't really make or break the fight. Cotto was 146 in a fight before that. But I specifically remember Cotto not wanting a catchweight and they wanted lower than 145 when negotiations first started.

Why did Pacquiao insist on a catch weight after he saw Cotto clearly didnt want his belt on the line if he had a CW.

I remember they wanted Mosley at 143.

Comment

I agree, but the reasons are pretty simple for the guy you're quoting: make the guy think about the extra pounds and limit the amount of weight Cotto can put on after the weigh-in. Ultimately it was one pound less than his previous fight with a day and change to rehydrate. Catchweights are much less dangerous in this era than in fights where they went in the ring the same day. I criticized Manny for doing it against Cotto because I thought he might have a shot at a real Armstrong-esque close to his career. He was already a Hall of Famer before 2008-09. They (he and his team) took their foot off the pedal just enough to stop him short from trying (not saying he succeeds).

That said, even Armstrong was carefully matched as Welterweight champ. He fought Garcia and Montanez but he also brought Arizmendi back to finish a rivalry started at Feather and didn't defend against natural Welter top contenders of high skill like Cocoa Kid, Williams, and Burley. Not much market demand for those fights obviously a factor as well.

The Oscar thing was all Oscar. Oscar was trying to take a big money fight that was seen as lower risk. Roach and Manny took what turned out to be a sucker bet. That fight is critic proof to me in the taking.

In general, the catchweight thing is way overblown in general. He didn't force one on a Clottey who had arguably just beat Clottey. Margarito...didn't appear to affect the outcome but considering how rocked he was to the body in the fifth one can see why they wanted it. He GAVE pounds to Marquez for their third. Of his five best wins, one was a catch fight (Cotto). DLH would be in his top ten because of the magnitude in making him a megastar. Relative to how many catchweight fights we've seen historically, it's a hollow critique.
                      Last edited by crold1; 02-04-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X