Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    I don't know about that..

I don't know .

I got big love for Joe Frazier but I don't know about that Saddler.

Muhammad Ali
    George Foreman

vs

Still Elite Holyfield
    and Prime Vitali.

Ok.. I give Ali and Foreman those wins..

Now we go on to

Bob Foster
    Jerry Quarry
    Jimmy Ellis
    Buster Mathis
    Oscar Bonavena
    George Chuvalo
    Bugner

can those guys seriously beat?
    Golota
    Tua
    Ruddock
    Mercer
    Zeijko
    Grant
    Bruno
    Morrison
    2002 Tyson?

I think even 2002 ghost Tyson can beat half that list.
    i intended to add 'arguably' to my original statement, but then thought 'to blazes with it, i will state this emphatically to be in keeping with the trait of categorical statement-making this thread is following in!'

so, yes, we could argue about that.

Lennox being anywhere near the greatness of Ali and Robinson, however? that is not a defensible position. we can't just factor any impairments or ailments that a fighter may have carried over a portion of his career into a discussion of overall Greatness and award them extra points based on sympathy. so many fighters have carried some impairment/ailment or other through their career, but human beings adjust, adapt and compensate remarkably (ever hear of Django Reinhardt?) based on your thinking, Sam Langford should be declared the GOAT just for his win over Tiger Flowers alone.
    Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Seems not much people in this thread know who Jeffries is...

Comment

Originally posted by montoya_91 View Post
        Seems not much people in this thread know who Jeffries is...
        but those who do know who Jeffries is also know that he is no Muhammad Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
          Of course not, but like I said, it is a fact.

So did many others. Joe Louis beat many greats? He doesn't get anywhere near the recognition Ali does. You really think he gets no sympathy?

Watch the fight.

Ali disagrees with you in his autobiography.

Joe still gets more recognition then Ali dose the only reason it seems Ali gets more is because he still alive

Comment

And that's fine, but the lack of respect Jeffries is getting due to the fact that this "historian" called Ali a bum is ridiculous.

Dempsey himself said he would get Koed.
            Johnson called him the greatest ever, and said he would beat Dempsey and Louis.
            Not to mention Langford.

Jeffries might have been no Ali, in terms of personality, but he was- in my opinion, all the great of fighter Ali was.

Comment

This guy is a toll. Saying Ali is a bum is worse than saying Michael Jordan or Pele are bums...

Comment

The "historian" has the "record" part right especially in the last 30 years!
                As for Ali he should take his own advice and do the research on Ali as a young amatuer and where he now sits in the history of boxing.
                I like a puncher alot because their always in the fight but to not recognize a boxer who added his own techniques into what was a well schooled boxer needs to be acknowledged!! Ali invented himself and was the greatest promotor since Tex Ritter in boxing! He also backed up everything he said he'd do. He did have a few terrible outings but everyone has them and he always seemed to come back an offer an honest effort!
                The word "Bum" is often used but no one knows its meaning, so here it is;

Boxing Bum...........someone who doesn't make an honest effort in a bout to win or compete!! Most noted Bum is someone who HAS the talents but refuses to give the effort needed to win or compete!

It is NOT someone with lesser skills than his opponent and looses!

It certainly isn't Ali either! Although that first Spinks fight he was a little bit on the ........................bum side! hahahaha!!!!

In the old days it was also an expression for someone who failed in convincing people that his defeat was legit! "throwing a fight"....... Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by montoya_91 View Post
                  Jeffries might have been no Ali, in terms of personality, but he was- in my opinion, all the great of fighter Ali was.
                  he was no Ali in terms of body of work, and nor did he achieve such great feats when he was against the odds as did Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                    Lewis fought the 2nd half of his career half blind.
                    Where did you get this from?

Out of curiosity, why do you love (almost obsessed) with Lennox that much?
                    I mean he was a great champion (one of the best in HW ever) but THAT special... just can't see it. Are you from uk?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      Where did you get this from?

Out of curiosity, why do you love (almost obsessed) with Lennox that much?
                      I mean he was a great champion (one of the best in HW ever) but THAT special... just can't see it. Are you from uk?
                      I made it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X