No announcement yet.

"Boxing Historian" Muhammad Ali Was A BUM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
    Ya ok I know what I am dip****. Now I can't talk to you anymore. I'm talking abouty who I am and your telling me I'm not ya ok see ya dipshyt!!
    thank-you for confirming that your trumpeted 'video evidence' does not exist. addio.

Comment

• Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
      unedited between-rounds footage clearly shows that Ali received no more than the customary minute to recover.

"Smokin Sugar", you are a heel.
      All the footage has been edited and Henry Cooper has been argueing until this day. Let me see here. If Ali would've lost he would not have become the big figure he is!! Who do you think the media is going to call a liar? They are the ones who helped create Ali! See I see things that ordinary people like yourselves don't. You are a brainwashed mainstream shill and you believe everything TV tells you. I have no use for someone like you because you are stuck in a box and can only see things in the way you were told or taught. You don't know how to get past propaganda! You don't even realise the matrix we live in. You are subhuman to me. It's like trying to speak to an animal or something!
      Last edited by "Smokin Sugar"; 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• As Roger Mayweather would say, "You don't know **** about boxing."

Comment

thank-you for confirming that your trumpeted 'video evidence' does not exist. addio.
          Um you have his whole career it seems and Dundee has admitted it a few times. I never said that he cut the glove you idiots tried putting those words in my mouth! Dundee has admitted that he helped the situation and you know this aswell because you are obviously a big fan. So for you to sit here and lie through your teeth just to be right than I really have no use for you!

Comment

All the footage has been edited and Henry Cooper has been argueing until this day. Let me see here. If Ali would've lost he would not have become the big figure he is!! Who do you think the media is going to call a liar? They are the ones who helped create Ali! See I see things that ordinary people like yourselves don't. You are a brainwasher mainstream shill and you believe everything TV tells you. I have no use for someone like you because you are stuck in a box and can only see things in the way you were told or taught. You don't know how to get past propaganda! You don't even realise the matrix we live in. You are subhuman to me. It's like trying to speak to an animal or something!
            there is no substance to your claims. the only propagandist here is you. a devilish bounder and a braggart, most verily.

Comment

Um you have his whole career it seems and Dundee has admitted it a few times. I never said that he cut the glove you idiots tried putting those words in my mouth! Dundee has admitted that he helped the situation and you know this aswell because you are obviously a big fan. So for you to sit here and lie through your teeth just to be right than I really have no use for you!
              Dundee also later admitted that he exaggerated the facts for raconteurish effect. smelling salts were not banned at that point in time in the US (so Ali's corner can be given the benefit of the doubt that they used them unknowing of the British rules) and Ali received no more than the customary minute between rounds to recover.
              Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-05-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• it's also worth noting that Ali would face Cooper for a rematch (again on Cooper's turf), defeating him again in similar fashion, but sans controversy of course.

Comment

Dundee also later admitted that he exaggerated the facts for raconteurish effect. smelling salts were not banned at that point in time in the US (so Ali's corner can be given the benefit of the doubt that they used them unknowing of the British rules) and Ali received no more than the customary minute between rounds to recover.
                  They had to get new gloves do you really believe it was done in a minute?? Get ****in real dipshyt. Like I said people like you will say whatever just to be right! Also arguing with a hardcore fan like yourself is like arguing with a *******! You are too biased to see anything else. So much of a fan that your opinions don't really count!!

Comment

it's also worth noting that Ali would face Cooper for a rematch (again on Cooper's turf), defeating him again in similar fashion, but sans controversy of course.
                    So if nothing happened and there was no controversy what did they have a rematch for???

Comment

They had to get new gloves do you really believe it was done in a minute?? Get ****in real dipshyt. Like I said people like you will say whatever just to be right! Also arguing with a hardcore fan like yourself is like arguing with a *******! You are too biased to see anything else. So much of a fan that your opinions don't really count!!
                      the gloves were never changed.

a valid read from a rival site whose address is blocked here (the article can be searched by the title "Clay v Cooper - The Final Word On The Torn Glove Story"):

"Right up to the present day, Sir Henry Cooper claims that Cassius Clay got anywhere from oneminute's extra rest to a minute and a half extra after being felled by "'Enery's 'Ammer" in the first famous bout between the young Muhammad Ali and Henry Cooper. Usually, after Henry has finished making his claims, the T.V station he is on will then show us footage of Clay's trip to the floor near the end of round four. However, never do they seem to show film of the very moment Cooper speaks so passionately about. Without exception, at least on the television programmes Henry has been invited to be on in the U.K, as soon as the audience begins to cheer at the left hook and the knockdown it brings the camera switches back to present day and Henry's beaming face. Why on earth do they never let the film roll and allow us all to see what Cooper claims to have happened with our own eyes?

We are supposed to believe that a badly shaken Clay remains slumped on his stool for as long as two and a half minutes or more while officials go in search for new boxing gloves. I'm sure every fan knows of the famous story that tells of the necessity for new gloves. Angelo Dundee, Ali's corner-man, noticed a small tear in one of his fighter's gloves and used this to his advantage when the hurtful knockdown came. He made the hole bigger and more noticeable and brought it to public attention. And then, according to Henry, an official made a desperate visit to the locker room area at the very back of a packed-out Wembley stadium in search of new gloves, thus the extra time Clay was to receive. We are supposed to believe that a passionate and vocal crowd of Cooper's most loyal fans sat in complete obedience as long seconds passed, each one further negating their hero's chances of finishing off the loud-mouth Yank who had belittled him beforehand. There is just no way this fantasy version of events ever took place. There would have been a near riot if Cooper's fans had been subject to the incredible frustration of having to watch their man's greatest shot at glory being spoilt due to such a long break between rounds.

There is no doubt that Dundee worsened the tear in the glove but what happened immediately after is vastly different from what Cooper claims. What actually happened is this; Dundee tells of the need for new gloves, the referee then has a very brief word with another official at ringside who informs him that there are no more gloves. "Ok, then we'll use these" says Angie and the action resumes. The extra time Clay got? Six seconds. These are the facts and surely any interviewer on T.V, when having Cooper tell his story, could very easily prove to all that his recollections are wrong. But of course, such behaviour would be classed as bad form, embarrassing a British boxing legend in such a way. Indeed, Henry has probably told his story so many times he believes it himself now."

the maximum advantage Ali gained was a few moments, and it is not uncommon for between-rounds periods to extend for a few extra moments while the ring is being cleared of seconds.

can you find any contemporaneous press reports that speak of the between-rounds period being extended? i'll wait for you to produce one.

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
                      So if nothing happened and there was no controversy what did they have a rematch for???
                      because Cooper remained relevant and earned another shot. Henry was a legit Top 10 heavy for years. and he's not the only man whom Ali defeated decisively and then faced again - Chuvalo stands out in the mind.

if Ali was such a fraud who was incapable of attaining victory legally, what is your excuse for the outcome of the rematch?
                      Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X