No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: I See No Point in Fighting Manny Pacquiao Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baya View Post
    marquez was getting kind of handled until he landed that beautiful, un-lucky shot. i'd pay for a 5th fight. but then i'd always pay for a jmm or a pac fight.
    I disagree. Marquez was choosing his spots wisely and he already knew at that point that his power was more than enough to put Pacquiao down or out. He totally outsmarted and baited Pacquiao. Pac will not be so careless in the next fight. I expect a more tactical fifth fight (which benefits Marquez considerably). I'm a Pac fan, but Marquez has his number. Pac needs to hurt him or it's lights out and retirement for him.

Comment

• Manny Pacquiao said, "I don't think so, this business is over" when asked if he would give Marquez a rematch after fight 2. Nevertheless, fight 3 was eventually made. Some people think it was out of the kindness of Pacquiao's heart; others disagree. We could (as Pacquiao says) talk to his promoter, Bob Arum, to find out why. Arum would probably say, "it's just business" (if he's telling the truth that day).

It remains to be seen if we'll see fight number 5; this could very well be a negotiation tactic by JMM and "just business" indeed. But for now, at least, JMM appears to be saying, "Here, Manny. Take this thorn I've had in my side all these years. I don't need it anymore."

Turnabout is fair play.
      Last edited by Doc Holliday; 02-06-2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X