Comments Thread For: Marquez: I See No Point in Fighting Manny Pacquiao Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Exactly!!!

I also think both guys have tasted the jungle juice....Marquez just looked more like it this last fight...he was practically dragging his knuckles! The point is that this was a clear victory and the judges were not allowed to **** it up....Poor Packtards
    So you think a guy underpaid his entire career should refuse to cash in on his winning ticket? You don't buy into the "prize" fight of prizefighting?

Comment

• Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
      its the highest grossing fight ThT can b made ,, so it will b made , the offer will b too good to pass up

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      ya recent history has shown that to be true..... not

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        So Pacquiao gave him 4 chances and JMM can't give him 1?
        Where are people getting this ''Pacquiao gave him 4 chances'' tripe from?

Marquez v Pacquiao I= Pacquiao fighting for Marquez's belt. The fight also ended in a draw meaning a rematch is a natural occurrence neither fighter is being generous.

Marquez v Pacquiao II= Marquez was the champ going into that fight and it was a fight between the no. 1 and no. 2 ranked fighters in the division. Pacquiao didn't do Marquez any favours in accepting the fight, he actually had more to gain going into that fight. The fight result was a controversial split decision.

Marquez v Pacquiao III= Pacquiao cherry picked Marquez. He didn't take the fight out of the goodness of his own heart, he took the fight so that he could look good TKOing a fighter Mayweather went the distance with. Unfortunately for Pacquiao he got schooled and won the fight via robbery.

Marquez v Pacquiao IV= Is the only fight where I'd say Pacquiao gave Marquez an opportunity to vindicate himself but ( as mentioned earlier) he was morally obliged to do so as there was uncertainty surrounding his last victory. There's no uncertainty surrounding Marquez win, he put Pacquiao into the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          He lost 3 times...where you been. He was lucky to get the draw! But he lost the next two times. Sorry to disappoint.
          you cant have it both ways bradley won to then

Comment

• Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
            you cant have it both ways bradley won to then
            JMM 3 was a legit close fight, Bradley was not. On press row cards the avg scores were 114-114 vs 117-111.

Comment

• Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
              You're an idiot .. can't you see that Pacquiao won two in a row and still fought him the fourth time...? All I would like as a fan of Marquez and Pacquiao would be for Pacquiao to get the same kind of offer he gave Marquez twice. Its only fair ... so what if Pacquiao gets hurt.. Why would anyone be against this? 3 of the 4 fights were amazing(didn't really like the 3rd) and rewatchable.. a 5th fight could be another great addition... why argue against it?
              He had no choice but to fight Marquez again he didn't clearly win many ringsiders had Marquez winning all of their previous meetings and this time he left with no doubt no need for a 5 closure remember man y's shirt finished buisiness.

Comment

• everyone is forgetting the only reason the 4th fight happened was because cotto turned arums offer down

Comment

• Marquez will always get a big pay da whoever he fights next, so if he looks at it that way, He might lose a few mill not fighting pac again but he will still gain mils with his next opponent. Id be down for a 5th one but he would be smart go out like a don and call it case closd.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    You will never know what Marquez is saying unless you change the following mischaracterization: "Manny gave Marquez 4 chances to beat him." The fact of the matter is that Manny didn't give anyone anything....he took a contraversal decision...or two...or three.
                    The truth is that, officially Marquez hadn't won anything in 3 fights. Manny could have easily said, sorry, you had 3 tries but you blew it, man! Close fights or not, you lost them on the cards! How many chances should I give you? There are other fights that also end up close or in controversy and never get a rematch let alone several rematches.

Many Manny haters were even saying, "why fight Marquez again(#3), it's going to end up the same way?" A close fight.

Marquez never had the leverage until now to fight Manny. So imagine asking to get a fight 4 times?
                    - Can we fight? .... OK.
                    - Can we try again? .... OK.
                    - Can we try again? .... OK
                    - Can we try again? .... OK
                    Finally wins his first fight.

Then for the first time, rolls are reversed:
                    - Can we try again? ..... No!

Something is just not right here but I truly believe that Marquez is just using this opportunity to make sure that people realize that he wants leverage that he didn't have before.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      Where are people getting this ''Pacquiao gave him 4 chances'' tripe from?

Marquez v Pacquiao I= Pacquiao fighting for Marquez's belt. The fight also ended in a draw meaning a rematch is a natural occurrence neither fighter is being generous.

Marquez v Pacquiao II= Marquez was the champ going into that fight and it was a fight between the no. 1 and no. 2 ranked fighters in the division. Pacquiao didn't do Marquez any favours in accepting the fight, he actually had more to gain going into that fight. The fight result was a controversial split decision.

Marquez v Pacquiao III= Pacquiao cherry picked Marquez. He didn't take the fight out of the goodness of his own heart, he took the fight so that he could look good TKOing a fighter Mayweather went the distance with. Unfortunately for Pacquiao he got schooled and won the fight via robbery.

Marquez v Pacquiao IV= Is the only fight where I'd say Pacquiao gave Marquez an opportunity to vindicate himself but ( as mentioned earlier) he was morally obliged to do so as there was uncertainty surrounding his last victory. There's no uncertainty surrounding Marquez win, he put Pacquiao into the ground.
                      good post......

Comment

Working...
                      X