Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the best fighters always end up broke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely see Mayweather and Pac being broke.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      in holyfields case paternity suits and child support in addition to the lavish spending and don king.

all fighters dont end up broke, just the ones who lose their head. spend way too much, work with guys like don king or get a bunch of kids with different women. holyfield did all of the above.

its about looking after your money and most fighters do that. but you dont hear about steve cunningham and his restaurant in philly. or carl froch buying property, fixing it up with his own two hands and selling it at a higher price. you dont hear about paul williams either, investing in property and several successful businesses in his native city.

you just hear about the ppl who blew it all.
      Or Sergio Martinez. The dude has a ton of investments in Argentina. He's set for life.

Comment

Lennox Lewis has mansions in 3 different countries.(Miami, England, Jamaica) He's a modest family guy so doesnt spend much on cars, women and drugs.

He earned around $150 million as a Heavyweight which is second only to Evander and Tyson. Here he is hosting Froch at his pad in Montego Bay.

Comment

Pac and Margarito will go broke. It's just something about those two mother****ers that tells me that ****.

Comment

hate to sound racist but...

it due to lack of culture education with ones money.,

alot of black fighters end up broke, cause they come form the ghetto (howver you like to say it)

cause champions with less income have been more successful then their black counter parts in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              Or Sergio Martinez. The dude has a ton of investments in Argentina. He's set for life.
              Don't know how true it is but the people around Sergio say he's a millionaire outside of boxing.

Comment

U got 1 life live it up.. Who gives AF if your 70 and broke.not much to do but travel.. live it up in your 20's,30's and 40's

Comment

Originally posted by .Boxeo. View Post
                  hate to sound racist but...

it due to lack of culture education with ones money.,

alot of black fighters end up broke, cause they come form the ghetto (howver you like to say it)

cause champions with less income have been more successful then their black counter parts in the long run
                  Racism probably played a factor in the 1940's when the gov made Joe Louis fight guys for free. But I dont think its an issue today.

George Foreman is filthy rich several times over, and Don King came from the ghetto.

Comment

Holyfield got raped by the female favoring divorce and child support system.

I can't see the phillipines allowing manny to become true blue broke. Can he piss away most of his earnings? Definitely, but I think he'll always have more money than any member of the middle class.

Comment

Do black fighters generally spend their money faster? You don't hear as many stories of Mexicans or past white atgs going broke.

Comment

Working...
                      X