Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the best fighters always end up broke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    I don't know about his parliament business. If he's serious about it after boxing he might be able to do work in it due to his influence and relationship.
    If that doesn't work out for it, he can always turn to the media, probably get a show on TFC or something.
    Even then, he has MP promotions. Koncz will be there, but that'll still be a source of revenue if he can get it going.
    What I'm trying to say is he has a lot of options in the PI.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to get into the preaching market. He can make a boat load of cash. Look at guys like Bishop Eddie Long, Creflo Dollar, etc. Now times that by 10. He is WORSHIPPED in the Philippines.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      rafael reported pac needed an advance on his last fight with JMM. I think hes already broke they just havent told him yet.
      This whole thread is a joke. Im a misinformed hater for thinking that Pac might go broke. I actually said I think May will go broke and Pac might go broke and all his ho's got a stick up their ass cuz I spoke bad about their man.

Comment

Lennox Lewis is worth 156 million US Dollars.

Lennox buys a new boat every time his old one gets wet.

Lewis is one smart rasta champion, he and his aging but still lovely wife are rich as kings and queens.

They have multiple businesses and Lennox isn't a fuking ******ed moron who invest heavily in blings or politics.

IT'S FUNNY HOW Lennox Lewis is rich as sin but all his main rivals are broke or soon to be broke.

Holyfield-Broke
        Bowe-Broke
        Tyson- was broke, had to beg Hollywood for dimes

Vitali-soon to be broke

Ukrainian politics are ruthless and it's eating at Vitali 20 million already gone... vitali is only worth 24 million.. I PREDICATE Vitali will be fighting for pennies within the next decade.

Vitali is NEVER retiring.. he's gonna fight until Anthony Joshua is prime rofl

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
          Lennox Lewis is worth 156 million US Dollars.

Lennox buys a new boat every time his old one gets wet.

Lewis is one smart rasta champion, he and his aging but still lovely wife are rich as kings and queens.

They have multiple businesses and Lennox isn't a fuking ******ed moron who invest heavily in blings or politics.

IT'S FUNNY HOW Lennox Lewis is rich as sin but all his main rivals are broke or soon to be broke.

Holyfield-Broke
          Bowe-Broke
          Tyson- was broke, had to beg Hollywood for dimes

Vitali-soon to be broke

Ukrainian politics are ruthless and it's eating at Vitali 20 million already gone... vitali is only worth 24 million.. I PREDICATE Vitali will be fighting for pennies within the next decade.

Vitali is NEVER retiring.. he's gonna fight until Anthony Joshua is prime rofl
          I've noticed _and everybody else probably too- that you are a strong Klitschko basher. Everyone to his taste of course....There was an article in BoxingScene last July sometime, which reported that Vitaly Klitschko was worth $65 millions nett.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            It's a sad thing, guys like Evander.

I mean Holyfield in my opinion one of the greatest ever, he was always great to watch. In tons of huge fights and seems quite smart but the dude is broke.
            No it's not. Why should I feel sorry for someone who has made millions and didn't know how to manage it? Fuck that, you put yourself in the situation you're in most of the time.

Comment

They certainly don't need to end up broke with some common sense and planning and a half way normal life style.They should know they won't be able to get those huge paydays for ever. They get paid millions per fight sometimes. They spend money at an incredible rate on palaces and fleets of luxury cars.If they set aside about 50% of each million dollar payday and put it in the bank or some good stocks or other sound investments they would be fine. They could do whatever they want to do with the rest of the money. If they would be content to live in a very fine house, but not a palace with huge taxes, and drive two or three nice $100,000 cars they could retire and live a comfortable life without ever working again. They keep living the high life long after the big paydays are over and they never saved any money from the huge paydays they had in their prime so they end up broke. Some great fighters that handled their money better are very rich now. Trinidad, Hagler, Leonard, Hatton, Lewis, Hamed, Holmes, Foreman, De La Hoya and other good to great fighters are all rich to very rich men.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                No it's not. Why should I feel sorry for someone who has made millions and didn't know how to manage it? Fuck that, you put yourself in the situation you're in most of the time.
                Seriously.

Someone is blessed with a career that garners them millions upon millions and they squander it because they are ****ing jackasses. I have no sympathy for those people.

Comment

they are incredibly naive, and people take advantage of them. those are the two main reasons.

with tip top guys, you're usually taking a kid out of a bad place and making him a millionaire when he's 25.

frankly, they can't handle it.

Comment

People tend to spend what their means allow. From the common person to the millionaire athlete. The only difference is the common person has a job for 40+ years and the millionaire athletes window is only 5-10 years at the most, but the debt still stays

Comment

It's funny how the fans always expect the fighters to ignore the money, ignore the business side of boxing and just fight everyone and anything.

And then when they actually do that and go broke, the fans wonder what went wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X