Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn: "I wish I had Calzaghe's power"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he was being sarcastic or that was an inside joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Maybe he spar Joe and felt his power, a guy wouldnt just say that without having been in the ring with joe.
      I agree. Benn wouldn't say that if he wouldn't know it from people who sparred or fought Calzaghe, or because he himself sparred with Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Just ask Lacy, Kessler, RJJ, and BHOP about Joe's power, they all cowered in fear from his strength.

Comment

Brains of haters operate like this:
          If Eubank and Benn say Calzaghe had big power, then "Eubank is senile" and "Benn was just joking and being sarcastic".
          Now imagine some guy heard from another guy who heard from another guy who heard from some "sparring partner" of Calzaghe that Calzaghe was giving him head after a sparring session in the dressing room while another guy was injecting steroids into Calzaghe's system, then the hater does this: he goes on boxingscene, makes a thread and tells this story and acts like it is the godhonest truth and he always knew Calzaghe was a ****s*xual and a steroid user.

That's just the way it is. So no matter what, a hater will lie and always act like he doesn't see the truth because his sick brain is so into hating that normal thought processes aren't possible anymore.

Comment

One more thing: I have been watching boxing since 20 years but I only interact with other people on boxing forums since about 2 years. So the first time I came to boxingscene was 2 years ago, and guess what: before I came here I had NEVER EVER heard of the "fact" that Calzaghe is a weak puncher or that he "slaps". I had NEVER heard anybody say it or did I ever hear it in the commentary of his fights. So I come here and everybody says how Calzaghe can't punch and he just slaps and he is too ****** to throw a punch and blablablabla.
            Listen guys, I have NEVER EVER heard that before I came here. That just PROOFS that the "Calzaghe just slaps" myth was created on this site. Some hater just invented that story and other haters ran with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
              One more thing: I have been watching boxing since 20 years but I only interact with other people on boxing forums since about 2 years. So the first time I came to boxingscene was 2 years ago, and guess what: before I came here I had NEVER EVER heard of the "fact" that Calzaghe is a weak puncher or that he "slaps". I had NEVER heard anybody say it or did I ever hear it in the commentary of his fights. So I come here and everybody says how Calzaghe can't punch and he just slaps and he is too ****** to throw a punch and blablablabla.
              Listen guys, I have NEVER EVER heard that before I came here. That just PROOFS that the "Calzaghe just slaps" myth was created on this site. Some hater just invented that story and other haters ran with it.
              Lacy and his team also said Joe slaps. Ive heard it from commentators also. Its his punch technique, not just internet nonsense.

But Benn's comment has been taken way out of context. He said it whilst taking about his first fight with Eubank and how tough Eubank was. He laughed as he said it. It wasnt a serious comment about Joe's power at all.

Comment

matthysse wishes he had cesar rene cuencas power.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
                  Again: Listen to what Chris Eubank says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Nk_rf4aOM#t=31m17s
                  Even if Eubank was past prime, he still can tell how hard his opponents hit. And in this video he says it is a FACT that Calzaghe hits hard. And he even says he knows that cause he tasted his power. So what is the truth? What Benn and Eubank say or what YOU say?
                  What Eubank is saying is that every professional boxer in the history of boxing has power. It comes with the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
                    Lacy and his team also said Joe slaps. Ive heard it from commentators also. Its his punch technique, not just internet nonsense.
                    No disrespect to Jeff Lacy, but Lacy was beaten to a pulp by Calzaghe. He surely would never say Calzaghe just "slaps". Post a video of Lacy or his team or a commentator saying that Calzaghe slaps.
                    Last edited by BRITISH LlON; 02-02-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Why would a boxer want to have less punching power than he already has? What a strange thing to say.

Comment

Working...
                      X