No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boente: Five Contenders in The Running For Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
    Other than povetkin who would you like to see Wlad in with next?
    For this voluntary defense I'm not sure, if it will be Solis I'm not keen on it. Unless Solis shows up motivated/in some sort of decent shape.
    I'd like the eliminator between Adamek-Pulev to happen, for Wlad to face the winner.
    I'd like to see Wlad vs Fury, but it's too early for everyone I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
      And I guess you missed the rest of the paragraph in which Wladimir's potential opponents are discussed; who Vitali fights or doesn't fight is a different subject.

I doubt that any of the potential opponents will be Sauerland fighters, such as Pulev or Helenius, so of the realistic options I'd be satisfied with someone like Boystov, Pianeta, or Adamek.
      Adamek??? really...............

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
        For this voluntary defense I'm not sure, if it will be Solis I'm not keen on it. Unless Solis shows up motivated/in some sort of decent shape.
        I'd like the eliminator between Adamek-Pulev to happen, for Wlad to face the winner.
        I'd like to see Wlad vs Fury, but it's too early for everyone I guess.
        Solis would probably be the best fight TBH, he's the most talented.

Comment

Why is Wlad trying to avoid/ delay the fight with Povetkin anyway?

He hasn't even got a specific opponent in mind as an alternative. I understand sometimes mandatories can get in the way of a good fight that has been building up for ages, such as the Kessler Froch Adonis recently, but surely Wlad doesn't really have any other worthwhile opponents at this point in time. Maybe in a few years once Fury/ Price etc are ready for a shot, but right now Povetkin makes more sense than anybody else, so i'm not sure why team Klit are trying to get out of it.

Yes, vitali, fight Haye or retire.

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post

He hasn't even got a specific opponent in mind as an alternative. I understand sometimes mandatories can get in the way of a good fight that has been building up for ages, such as the Kessler Froch Adonis recently, but surely Wlad doesn't really have any other worthwhile opponents at this point in time. Maybe in a few years once Fury/ Price etc are ready for a shot, but right now Povetkin makes more sense than anybody else, so i'm not sure why team Klit are trying to get out of it.

Yes, vitali, fight Haye or retire.
            Yes there's nothing that stands out clearly as a better fight than his mandatory. It probably has something to do with both fighters being signed to different TV networks.

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
              Like the above poster said, Povetkin is on ARD and Wladimir is on RTL.

Do people really believe Wladimir is ducking Povetkin?..

FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                Like the above poster said, Povetkin is on ARD and Wladimir is on RTL.

Do people really believe Wladimir is ducking Povetkin?..

FFS
                No I never implied he might be ducking. Thats not what I meant.

Wlad would eat him for breakfast and K2 know that.

Just wondered why, when at this point in time Povetkin probably is the best opponent, he might want to delay or avoid the fight.

Rival TV networks make sense, and is just the type of lame ass reason I expect when we don't get fights made, I.e donaire

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                  Other than povetkin who would you like to see Wlad in with next?
                  The winner of Arreola vs. Stiverne which will be Arreola. Even Odlanier Solis but nobody knows in what kind of shape he is in at the moment.
                  Tyson Fury, even though he still needs some time to improve even more.
                  Marco Huck but Sauerland and K2 will not come to an agreement because both sides have their own cable-network. Huck has to stick with ARD and Klitschkos with RTL.

Comment

In terms of what fights are likely to get made I meant. Arreola is fighting in march in a WBC rated about. We're looking at Solis/Pulev as the only ones. Not sure if Helenius has announced anything. With regards to Povetkin - I have just seen his figures on ARD and they aren't impressive. He should scrap it for one fight and if they're so confident he's going to win, he can dictate terms after. I'm pretty confident it's the solis fight. I just hope he comes in shape, but he has to lose 40 pounds.
                    Last edited by LacedUp; 02-03-2013, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X