Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner attempts to bench press 235 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to add that Broner didn't go all the way down to his chest. I haven't lifted weights for about 3-4 years. So when i joined a gym, my bodies reaction when doing bench press is 1-2 inches from my chest. Did that for a couple of years. When i started doing it all the way down to the chest, i did lose some strength. Meaning instead of doing 10 reps, i was doing 8. I had to work my way up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
      Was talking to a guy in the gym. He said that there are some guys who has to work hard to gain strength and some guys who work hard but have inner strength. You have inner strength.

I am 5'11 and 220 pounds. I go to the gym 4-5x a week. I am not into power lifting but my last set for bench press during my chest work out is 275 pounds. I can do it only once. There is a guy in the gym, shorter than me and about 170 pounds. He does 315 5-6x with ease. I am thinking what the hell do i have to do just to do 3 reps of 275 pounds.
      Well i am too short, lol at 5'7" but I don't think that really has to much to do with it. I tried to gain weight to get more weight up, wouldn't happen. I was stuck at 315lbs with more weight or the same for some reason. But I never tried to pack weight on either.

Comment

• Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
        I am sure. Its much easier to squat then to bench, legs are a lot stronger. At 155 i squated 450lbs, and did not work my bottom anything like my upper body.
        But how long did JMM do it to work way up to 405. When i do squat, i used the smith machine. I do front squat with the bar but lighter weight. I don't go heavy on squat.

Comment

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
          Was talking to a guy in the gym. He said that there are some guys who has to work hard to gain strength and some guys who work hard but have inner strength. You have inner strength.

I am 5'11 and 220 pounds. I go to the gym 4-5x a week. I am not into power lifting but my last set for bench press during my chest work out is 275 pounds. I can do it only once. There is a guy in the gym, shorter than me and about 170 pounds. He does 315 5-6x with ease. I am thinking what the hell do i have to do just to do 3 reps of 275 pounds.
          arm length also has alot to do with it i have extreamly long limbs so i have a much harder time benching and squatting
          Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
          I am sure. Its much easier to squat then to bench, legs are a lot stronger. At 155 i squated 450lbs, and did not work my bottom anything like my upper body.
          jesus ...how tall are u ?

Comment

• I will say this, from te 1st pic you see he is closed gripped. That will change your max by 30+lbs with ease. As you are working your tris there as to a wider grip works the chest.

Comment

• Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
              arm length also has alot to do with it i have extreamly long limbs so i have a much harder time benching and squatting jesus ...how tall are u ?
              Read the post, it tells you!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                It's actually 235 lbs not 315. It was confirmed by a bunch of weightlifter nerds.
                You hardly have to be a weightlifter nerd to figure that out. Anyone that has gone to the gym can tell you how much that is... it's not hard.

2 plates (45lbs each) = 90lbs
                2 quarters each side = 100lbs
                Bar = 45lbs

Comment

Read the post, it tells you!!!!!!!
                  well i call BS if you where 5ft7 155lbs and squatting 450lbs free and clear
                  YOU WOULD BE BREAKING OLYMPIC RECORDS FOR THAT CLASS

SOOO......
                  U SHOULD BE ON THE TEAM BRO

Comment

• Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    arm length also has alot to do with it i have extreamly long limbs so i have a much harder time benching and squatting jesus ...how tall are u ?
                    Hell, my 12 rep set was 225, I would due 2 sets of that and work into my power sets.

Comment

Well i am too short, lol at 5'7" but I don't think that really has to much to do with it. I tried to gain weight to get more weight up, wouldn't happen. I was stuck at 315lbs with more weight or the same for some reason. But I never tried to pack weight on either.
                      I have been lifting weights on and off since i was 15 years old. I stopped doing weights and kind of cardio, except for walking once in awhile. So when i joined a gym, my goal was to lose weight. When doing cardio, i will be in pain and sometimes have to call in sick the next day for work. So i started lifting weights. I only took legs seriously the past year. My legs did improved. when i do cardio, my legs don't hurt no more. But i am hook on lifting weights. I just need to watch what and amount i eat so i can lose weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X