No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Vacating The WBC Title, Heading Up To 126

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Love these guys down playing the Moreno win....no one thought Mares would win that fight.
    I agree with you that the majority on this site thought Mares would loose against Moreno. I was one of the few that predicted a Mares victory by late stoppage or UD. Moreno never really impressed me but a solid victory for Mares due to Moreno's overrated status at that particular time.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX
      Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhantom5

Bad idea. Who's he gonna fight?

There's plenty of options, 126 is loaded with many possible fights such as, Hasegawa, Dibb, Caballero, Salido, and John. I left out Garcia, Gamboa, Russell Jr, Ponce De Leon, Gonzalez and Lopez because these guys are too much for him as a first and second fight for Mares at 126. The first group of fighters I actually believe Mares has a legit chance of using his boxing ability and speed to outpoint them to a decision. It would be way too risky for Mares to rush into the second group of fighters I listed cuz they all posses too much power for him at this very moment. Let Mares' body frame get accustomed to 126 lb before he challenges the power punchers in the division.
      somebody knows what he's talking about...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin
        Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Corners

Beating Moreno > Beating any 122 lb fighter not named Donaire, who doesn't seem possible

Yes but he never really fought at 122, he was just given a free belt at 122 against another 118 fighter and then best the best 118 fighter. Never faced a 122 guy. Never understood why he fought Moreno at 122 if he didnt plan fighting there at all

Benefits of being with DLH and mexican, WBC just giving out free belts
        stop hating Mexicans are good boxers...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I'd love to see him end Chris John's "reign."

You guys can forget about Mikey Garcia though. Top Rank will block that from ever happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Yes but he never really fought at 122, he was just given a free belt at 122 against another 118 fighter and then best the best 118 fighter. Never faced a 122 guy. Never understood why he fought Moreno at 122 if he didnt plan fighting there at all

Benefits of being with DLH and mexican, WBC just giving out free belts
            I don't know if your aware of the fact that Mares began his career at 122 lbs when he was working with Nacho. It wasn't till around 10 or 11 fights in he moved down to 118, so what are you talking about never facing a 122 guy? Also, he only moved up to 122 because he was chasing a showdown with Donaire, its not his fault that fight didn't come to fruition. I like the fact that Mares decided to resume his career by fighting stiffer competition at 126 as oppose to waiting and delaying his own career for a chance to fight Donaire. Also, lets not forget Mares was calling out Donaire when they were both at 118 lbs.

Comment

So it's like. I'm moving to 126, but before that let's try to get a Donaire fight (even though it'll likey not materialize because of promotional issues) so my fans won't think I ducking him. Yes! they turned it down, now Im going to tweet that he didn't want to fight me. That's the way I see it. I'm sure Mares is willing to fight but, it'll likey not happen for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRain View Post
                I'm moving to 126, but before that let's try to get a Donaire fight (even though it'll likey not materialize because of promotional issues) so my fans won't think I ducking him. Yes! they turned it down, now Im going to tweet that he didn't want to fight me.
                WTF?

Mares did everything he could to get Nonito in the ring.

Shouldn't you be ****ting on Donaire and Top Rank instead?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  WTF?

Mares did everything he could to get Nonito in the ring.
                  Shouldn't you be ****ting on Donaire and Top Rank instead?
                  Read and comprehend brotha. That's how I see it. It's not all Arum this Arum that there's reason a for everything. How the **** is that bashing Mares

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
                    I don't know if your aware of the fact that Mares began his career at 122 lbs when he was working with Nacho. It wasn't till around 10 or 11 fights in he moved down to 118, so what are you talking about never facing a 122 guy? Also, he only moved up to 122 because he was chasing a showdown with Donaire, its not his fault that fight didn't come to fruition. I like the fact that Mares decided to resume his career by fighting stiffer competition at 126 as oppose to waiting and delaying his own career for a chance to fight Donaire. Also, lets not forget Mares was calling out Donaire when they were both at 118 lbs.
                    Im sure you know what i meant when i said he hasnt fought anybody at 122.

And who is this stiffer competition that he will be facing? Ponce and Gonzalez are the only ones there. Donaire and Rigo are stiffer challenges

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Im sure you know what i meant when i said he hasnt fought anybody at 122.

And who is this stiffer competition that he will be facing? Ponce and Gonzalez are the only ones there. Donaire and Rigo are stiffer challenges
                      and both of those fights aren't and mostly likely won't be available. Hes been pushing for that fight for the longest.

You act as if his win against Moreno at 122 wasn't any good. Hes been fighting tough opposition for awhile now

Comment

Working...
                      X