Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Ishida?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man they really need to get God of War a legit opponent before too long. Nothing against Ishida, because I like him, but GGG is going to stop developing if they keep giving him soft touch after soft touch.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
      isn't this fight happening in monte carlo without any american network televising it? unless the uk is televising it, i wouldn't necessarily call this a fight to keep him "in the public eye".

quality over quantity wouldn't you say? weren't you saying donaire shouldn't be praised for fighting 4 times last year if it was against guys like vazquez and arce? not sure if it was you...either way, i'm not disappointed in hearing this. i would have preferred a legit MW like most in this thread are saying, but since it's a stay busy fight that won't be eating up a showtime/hbo date, i'm cool with it. hopefully we can see a top 10 MW against golovkin in his next hbo date.
      Sure it does. It will garner a headline and get YouTube hits to float time. I remember when James Toney fought Francisco del Aquila...no U.S. tv but at least some news blips before McCallum I.

Comment

My God! He fighting is all that matters right now. Ishida is a good stay busy fight. Its better than training day after day for free. Y'all are too testy especially considering how short of a break that is.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
          isn't this fight happening in monte carlo without any american network televising it? unless the uk is televising it, i wouldn't necessarily call this a fight to keep him "in the public eye".

quality over quantity wouldn't you say? weren't you saying donaire shouldn't be praised for fighting 4 times last year if it was against guys like vazquez and arce? not sure if it was you...either way, i'm not disappointed in hearing this. i would have preferred a legit MW like most in this thread are saying, but since it's a stay busy fight that won't be eating up a showtime/hbo date, i'm cool with it. hopefully we can see a top 10 MW against golovkin in his next hbo date.
          No i was one of the guys supporting what Donaire did

He has a june date with HBO so its either fight somebody in a stay busy fight or sit and wait 6 months for June. He cant get a top 10 opponent to fight him on HBO, so he isnt getting one in a stay busy fight without HBO or showtime

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Stay busy fight that isn't on HBO, Showtime or ESPN. Not worried about it.
            Yes.

Ishida is okay as a stay-active opponent.

I just hope one of the top middleweights will man up and fight GGG in June.

Comment

This is a fkin downgrade from Rosado and Proksa wtf is this... GGG is looking to be another one of those fighters that I will be dumping cause they dont step up.

Comment

Another pay day to get smashed for nobuhiro son.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  Sure it does. It will garner a headline and get YouTube hits to float time. I remember when James Toney fought Francisco del Aquila...no U.S. tv but at least some news blips before McCallum I.
                  yeah, you're right. it will get views on youtube. it would have been nice to see him get an espn date, i think 3/29 is open. either way, it's only a stay busy fight. hopefully hbo and loeffler can secure a top MW for their next hbo date.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    He has a date in june on hbo, that's 5 months after the last one. It's unusual he wants another in between, but whatever.
                    Yup. People will forget this fight was even scheduled.

If he fights a tomato can on his next HBO date, THEN let the criticism begin.

But there's no need to criticize a stay busy fight that's not even televised when the guy says he's fighting 5 times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      I am 101% fine with this.

Ishida getting more paydays off his upset of the year against Kirkland. God damn that was crazy when it happened. Maybe Golovkin can be the first to stop him.
                      That's what I was thinking. Ishida's not a bad "stay busy" opponent(and is a good enough boxer to avoid a stoppage against nearly anyone), but certainly not a threat to GGG. I don't understand the hate considering the fact that he's fighting 5 times this year. Hopefully he has a big fight in the Summer so we can see him well and truly tested.

Comment

Working...
                      X