Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kimbo Slice vs Shane Tilyard Full Fight (Both get rocked)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I'm as much of a boxing purist as you will find and I disagree with you and I will tell you why.

Kimbo is a good dude, I live here in Miami and he's really struggled to be where he is right now. He's not a pro MMA fighter, he's not a pro boxer, he's a street fighter. He grew up hard in the streets of Miami and the only thing he knows to do is fight.

He was homeless at one point and going down the wrong path, he turned his life around and is doing something that is bringing in money. Good for him, it's not a disgrace to boxing because he's not representing world championship boxing, he's just a freak show and he knows it. He's a knockout waiting to happen.

I could care less how he makes his money, nobody considers him a champ and he's just on the grind making that money man. He has a lot of heart and is doing something most people wouldn't dare to do. He's not claiming he can beat the Klitchkos or anything, he's just making a buck.

Kind of like the way Butterbean did when he was coming up in the badman contests.

I have met Kimbo, he's a real nice dude and down to earth. Glad he's making money to support his family.
    I don't doubt he's a real nice guy. I do agree that it's good he's making a career and supporting his family. It's great in fact. I admire that. That is not my point at all though. I'm happy if anyone makes a good career doing something.

My point is that there are many, many, many pro boxers that are more deserving of the spotlight and money that Kimbo is getting because he fought a bunch of ****ing chumps of youtube.

His background is typical for many fighters. I get all that. He's a lucky dude and he's made the most of his meagre talents and I'm happy for him.

But, how many young prospects, contenders and world champions are there who have worked through similar ****e, but have dedicated their entire lives to boxing, since they were young kids, slogged their guts out, sweated blood to get to the top in a harsh, brutal, utterly unforgiving sport, giving up their youth, forgoing everything to try and make it, often working the ****tiest jobs, then heading to the gym for hours, day in and day out, year after year only to have some guy come along and beat up a couple of ****ing redneck morons on youtube and be thrust into the spotlight and be making more money than they ever might after 6 fights.

The fact that Kimbo has done well out of this is beside the point. It's good that he's been able to do well. There are lots of guys out there, homeless, poverty stricken, in the same position he was in who don't make it. That sucks.

But there are also guys who have struggled just as much, while dedicating their lives to boxing and given it more than Kimbo could dream of, yet all they might end up with is some brain damage, a lost youth, no money, and very little future prospects because they gave it all to boxing and it chewed them up and spit them out, despite being on a level greater than Kimbo could conceive. That is what I find disgraceful.

People like it because they see Kimbo as someone like themselves, just a regular dude, whereas a guy who has spent his life training non stop they see as above themselves. It's ****ed. I know what you mean, and I agree with it. But there are lots of guys just as nice, just as deserving of good things as Kimbo, but they also happened to have worked ten times harder and ten times longer to get where Kimbo is now, after only 6 fights and a bunch of backyard ****** fights, while they struggle on.
    Last edited by BennyST; 01-31-2013, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Why are they letting him keep his beard

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

I could care less how he makes his money, nobody considers him a champ and he's just on the grind making that money man. He has a lot of heart and is doing something most people wouldn't dare to do. He's not claiming he can beat the Klitchkos or anything, he's just making a buck.

Kind of like the way Butterbean did when he was coming up in the badman contests.

I have met Kimbo, he's a real nice dude and down to earth. Glad he's making money to support his family.
        I agree. The man is getting in where he fits in to earn a living. He used his fame to open doors; first MMA and now Boxing.

Kimbo is a star or sorts, and would be a draw regardless of what setting he's fighting in, Boxing is just the means to showcase what he does. I don't see how it's disrespectful; it's not like he's a movie star fighting fixed fights (cough), Kimbo is going out there and doing what he does, and that's what made him famous.

First rule of show business "Give the people what they want"

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          I don't doubt he's a real nice guy. I do agree that it's good he's making a career and supporting his family. It's great in fact. I admire that. That is not my point at all though. I'm happy if anyone makes a good career doing something.

My point is that there are many, many, many pro boxers that are more deserving of the spotlight and money that Kimbo is getting because he fought a bunch of ****ing chumps of youtube.

His background is typical for many fighters. I get all that. He's a lucky dude and he's made the most of his meagre talents and I'm happy for him.

But, how many young prospects, contenders and world champions are there who have worked through similar ****e, but have dedicated their entire lives to boxing, since they were young kids, slogged their guts out, sweated blood to get to the top in a harsh, brutal, utterly unforgiving sport, giving up their youth, forgoing everything to try and make it, often working the ****tiest jobs, then heading to the gym for hours, day in and day out, year after year only to have some guy come along and beat up a couple of ****ing redneck morons on youtube and be thrust into the spotlight and be making more money than they ever might after 6 fights.

The fact that Kimbo has done well out of this is beside the point. It's good that he's been able to do well. There are lots of guys out there, homeless, poverty stricken, in the same position he was in who don't make it. That sucks.

But there are also guys who have struggled just as much, while dedicating their lives to boxing and given it more than Kimbo could dream of, yet all they might end up with is some brain damage, a lost youth, no money, and very little future prospects because they gave it all to boxing and it chewed them up and spit them out, despite being on a level greater than Kimbo could conceive. That is what I find disgraceful.

People like it because they see Kimbo as someone like themselves, just a regular dude, whereas a guy who has spent his life training non stop they see as above themselves. It's ****ed. I know what you mean, and I agree with it. But there are lots of guys just as nice, just as deserving of good things as Kimbo, but they also happened to have worked ten times harder and ten times longer to get where Kimbo is now, after only 6 fights and a bunch of backyard ****** fights, while they struggle on.

Boxing is cruel to everyone man.
          Lennox Lewis was robbed in the first Holyfield Fight.
          Do you know how hard Lewis worked for that fight? My uncle was in his camp.

Lennox didn't even get to ride his pet elephant for 8 weeks, the entire duration of that camp Martha wasn't with him.

Comment

I have to agree with Cuauhtémoc1520's stance on Kimbo.

Comment

Lol that was really funny.

Comment

That was horrendous. But entertaining

Comment

kimbo shot his load after a minute,it was entertaining though but very poor quality

Comment

Deontay Wilder vs Kimbo Slice anyone? It'll be pretty funny:smileysex

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

You still miss the point man, it has nothing to do with other fighters. He's not representing boxing, he's not signed by GB or Top Rank, he's just making money in the only way he knows how.

I understand your point of view but it's life my man and the way we set things up here in America.

You could say the same thing about music, why do trash rappers like Lil Wayne get all the play and money while real MC's stay underground hungry with nothing? It's the society we have built and why we put out so much trash.

Sports is different though and especially combat sports. Say what you want about Kimbo but he's doing something that takes a lot of courage and heart. He's making his living by putting his health and life on the line. At least he's standing on his own two feet and being responsible as a man for what he's out there doing.

He's going to get KO'd, the haters will smile but in the end he's just feeding his family and for that, I can't fault the man.

Comment

Working...
                      X