Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kimbo Slice vs Shane Tilyard Full Fight (Both get rocked)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crillz View Post
    They are not working on the right things they are just trying to boost his current strengths by tweaking and excelling those particular strengths but they are not creating new ones, he should be ferociously training for stamina and conditioning first, they should worry about him comfortably being able to even go 4 rounds and not lose a fight because he didn't have the conditioning.

If Kimbo had a good jab, good conditioning and a better grasp on defense I would be 110% sold on him, he's strong and and is willing to bang so he has heart but until he makes necessary changes he will keep getting tested against competition literally not even ranked. he needs a strength and conditioning coach quick and it has to be a good one, not one that will shoot PED's up his ass but one who can revamp his whole lifestyle and boost his conditioning big time.

He has good potential, he has John David Jackson in his corner, Gary Shaw promoting and he has a good enough following so all he has to do is work on his conditioning and technique, not so much easily timed side to side head movement he needs to fix that and also keep a closer eye on defense while on offense, I'm not saying become Winky Wright behind a high guard I'm just saying if you initiating offense keep the hand you don't punch with in a position where you can still defend with it, which if you notice in this fight he didn't.

Comment

that fat bastard was gassed the fck out lol. what more to drain it? a body shot haha

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        You know what? I find this disgraceful. This piece of **** bum, club fighter is getting paid more than real world champions. Fine, if it was on the undercard of FNF or whatever, but here?

They found Tilyard when he sent his own tape in asking for the fight. That's how Kimbo used to get fights on youtube!!! 6 wins and 6 losses, unranked and in a 4 rounder and he's the top billing on the undercard, and Kimbo getting paid more money and getting more exposure than world champions.

This is that BS youtube stuff, getting bums to fight, on a slightly grander scale. I cannot believe our sport endorses this ****. It's bad enough UFC jumping onboard, but boxing too? Tilyard is not even a journeyman. Clearly he didn't do any more training than his usual i.e. go to work, go home and get drunk. Next day, go to work, stop by the gym briefly maybe, hit the heavybag for 4 rounds, have some beers with the boys and piss off home. Next day, go to work, think about going to gym, decide to get drunk instead and stop off at Macca's on way to bottle shop. Rinse and repeat.

Tilyard threw five wild swings and was utterly done for. Sadly, those five wild swings all hit Kimbo and nearly knocked his piece of **** arse out.

Fun to watch, but christ that's disrespectful to real boxers who actually earn those TV spots and don't get them while some ****ing hack against another complete hack slides in there. Can you imagine what some of the boxers who struggle are thinking when they watch/hear about this?
        I'm as much of a boxing purist as you will find and I disagree with you and I will tell you why.

Kimbo is a good dude, I live here in Miami and he's really struggled to be where he is right now. He's not a pro MMA fighter, he's not a pro boxer, he's a street fighter. He grew up hard in the streets of Miami and the only thing he knows to do is fight.

He was homeless at one point and going down the wrong path, he turned his life around and is doing something that is bringing in money. Good for him, it's not a disgrace to boxing because he's not representing world championship boxing, he's just a freak show and he knows it. He's a knockout waiting to happen.

I could care less how he makes his money, nobody considers him a champ and he's just on the grind making that money man. He has a lot of heart and is doing something most people wouldn't dare to do. He's not claiming he can beat the Klitchkos or anything, he's just making a buck.

Kind of like the way Butterbean did when he was coming up in the badman contests.

I have met Kimbo, he's a real nice dude and down to earth. Glad he's making money to support his family.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          This was the worst thing I've ever seen..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            This was the worst thing I've ever seen..
            But it DID entertain you, amirite? Kimbo's here to stay fellas~!

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
              Entertaining garbage fighters. Kimbo's got no defense, and his chin ain't even that great. He's going life and death with guys who look like **** and are 6-6. Just expects to run through everybody.
              Umm wtf do you expect? He turned professional not too long ago and he's already close to 40 years old. I have mad respect for kimbo for doing what he does. y'all motha****as would not last a minute in his world.
              Last edited by TRTboy; 01-30-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

First KD was crap, Tilyard was clearly pulling and pushing him down. Second KD should have been called though when Kimbo stumbled and took Tilyard down too. Didn't matter in the end. Kimbo isn't gonna win a title, but he's fun to watch.

Comment

Kimbo will be derailed by a bum eventually and Tilyard was ko'd 5 times before this fight.

Comment

Lol anyone of semi note would knock this guy the fk out he did the mummy walk there for a second in the first round. The first shot he got tagged with didnt' even look all that hard but tubby couldn't handle a punch to the tummy no surprise.

Comment

and still!

Comment

Working...
                      X