Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'll Fight Matthysse, I Don't Duck Anybody!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    I thought Judah beat Matthysse, am I crazy??? He put rounds in the bank early, and won the fight barely I felt. Close fight, could have gone either way. So I don't see how Garcia fighting Judah is a bad fight.

I want to see Garcia-Matthysse too, hopefully we will. I think Danny would fight anyone, it seems like Golden Boy is iffy on the idea.

I don't get the people saying Garcia ducked Ajose....I mean they were talking about that fight happening in the summer, and Garcia fought Khan. I felt Khan beat Peterson, as did many, and Khan was seen as one of the top 1-2 fighters at 140. So how was fighting Khan at that time, ducking Ajose???

Matthysse is a beast. But beating Soto at 140, Ajose, and Dallas doesn't mean much. And it certainly doesn't mean he's going to kill any fighter around his weight. The two best fighters he's faced, Judah and Alexander (who EVERYONE loves to say are average/mediocre), he didn't steam roll either of them at all. He deserved the decision over Alexander for sure, but he didn't kill Alexander and rip his head off, like he's supposedly going to do with everyone else according to his fans. And I thought he lost to Judah fight barely, because Judah put rounds in early and Matthysse got started a little too late that fight. Close fight, could have gone either way.

I don't see how all that makes him the second coming.....
    100%. Danny fighting Zab, who CLEARLY beat Lucas cannot be a duck move.Lucas looks promising to me but that will be seen when he fights people his actual weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      Please spare me the mandatory argument. You haters change your mind like I change drawls. Being the mandatory only matters when your a fan of the fighter. Matthysse is gonna get his shot. The same Judah that you say is washed up gave Matthysse all he could handle, regaurdless if you think he was robbed or not.
      Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
        Khan was completely ****ing Garcia up. The intermission before the rd where he tagged him with the left, Garcia looked scared ****less, like he was ready to quit in a rd or two.

With that said, Garcia seem slike an ok dude. I'm simply not sold on anything he has done. Khan is chinless and Morales has been spent for ages.
        Lol you are reaching so hard with these comments That it is hilarious khan will get laid out again trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
          Lol you are reaching so hard with these comments That it is hilarious khan will get laid out again trust me.
          What am I reaching with??? Please explain.

I never said Khan wouldn't. He's chinless, but infinitely more talented then Garcia.

Comment

Garcia vs Judah vs Lucas

Judah beat Lucas and Garcia is fighting Judah.

Garcia taking over the guy that beat Lucas is a duck??????

GTFOH!!!!!

If anything Garcia beats Judah and Lucas should rematch Judah so he can then earn a fight with Garcia its the way I see it.

Still Garcia will take on Lucas and from the little bit that I saw of Lucas on his last fight he better close his guard shut because I see Danny landing that quick hook.....ko'ing him!

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Please spare me the mandatory argument. You haters change your mind like I change drawls. Being the mandatory only matters when your a fan of the fighter. Matthysse is gonna get his shot. The same Judah that you say is washed up gave Matthysse all he could handle, regaurdless if you think he was robbed or not.
              You make a good point here, but you fail to mention some important details. Since the "close" Judah/Matthysse fight, Judah has gone on to get stopped by Khan, while Matthysse has gone on to stop his last 5 opponents, including Soto, Ajose, and now Dallas Jr. by brutal first round KO. Couple that with the fact that a lot of folks think Matthysse actually beat Judah (like myself) and it is clear Matthysse deserves the fight with Garcia at this point in time.

Comment

This sounded like the truth. Ball is in GBP's court now.

Comment

Garcia will fight Khan in a rematch and not Matthysse after Judah. And no that doesnt mean hes ducking either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    How is beating Ajose nothing? Dude looked great and showed great heart in his fight against Matthysse. If he keeps getting his shot he will still make noise at 140. Just because everyone ducked him besides Matthysse doesn't make it not a good win.
                    Yeahh Let dismiss Ajose, like he did not earn the shot against, Bradley, Morales, Garcia and on top of it, all fight a moster in Matthysse....this guy Earn his shot ever sinse Bradley had the belt and he is nothing....am telling you some people are purposly idiots so the they can make their pint.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      I think Danny is a straight up guy. No reason for him to duck anyone. When he posted that photo of the rib, people were making up crazy excuses! But it's cold at the top - it's always been that way.
                      I don't think Danny is doing the ducking either. But when you are managed by Al Haymon and your father is your trainer, its almost natural that fighter will end up avoiding guys the best they can manage.

Comment

Working...
                      X