Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'll Fight Matthysse, I Don't Duck Anybody!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the interview with boxing lab Garcia said you need to be a big name to fight for the title and that lots of people thought Matthysse won the fight with Judah but the most important people thought he lost, the judges. Well Garcia wasn't a big name before he was given the opportunity before he fought Morales the first time and he won a SD over Holt. I thought he won the fight with Holt, but if Holt had been given the nod in that fight I highly doubt he would say that. He would say he got robbed too.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
      In the interview with boxing lab Garcia said you need to be a big name to fight for the title and that lots of people thought Matthysse won the fight with Judah but the most important people thought he lost, the judges. Well Garcia wasn't a big name before he was given the opportunity before he fought Morales the first time and he won a SD over Holt. I thought he won the fight with Holt, but if Holt had been given the nod in that fight I highly doubt he would say that. He would say he got robbed too.
      I think Garcia is getting caught up in his own hype. He's gotten the opportunities because GBP has decided to invest in him and because he's aligned with Haymon. He delivered when given the opportunity, but it doesn't mean he's a big name either.

Comment

I thought Judah beat Matthysse, am I crazy??? He put rounds in the bank early, and won the fight barely I felt. Close fight, could have gone either way. So I don't see how Garcia fighting Judah is a bad fight.

I want to see Garcia-Matthysse too, hopefully we will. I think Danny would fight anyone, it seems like Golden Boy is iffy on the idea.

I don't get the people saying Garcia ducked Ajose....I mean they were talking about that fight happening in the summer, and Garcia fought Khan. I felt Khan beat Peterson, as did many, and Khan was seen as one of the top 1-2 fighters at 140. So how was fighting Khan at that time, ducking Ajose???

Matthysse is a beast. But beating Soto at 140, Ajose, and Dallas doesn't mean much. And it certainly doesn't mean he's going to kill any fighter around his weight. The two best fighters he's faced, Judah and Alexander (who EVERYONE loves to say are average/mediocre), he didn't steam roll either of them at all. He deserved the decision over Alexander for sure, but he didn't kill Alexander and rip his head off, like he's supposedly going to do with everyone else according to his fans. And I thought he lost to Judah fight barely, because Judah put rounds in early and Matthysse got started a little too late that fight. Close fight, could have gone either way.

I don't see how all that makes him the second coming.....
        Last edited by 4Corners; 01-30-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

now that peterson has signed to golden boy, they arguably have the best 4 140 pound fighters, case can be made for top ranks brandon rios to, but you have to rule his out of this equation, its simple Matthysse vs Garcia, Khan vs Peterson with the 2 winners facing each other to make an undisputed champion. don't think anyone could argue with this

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Take away the mandatory argument and you still have Lucas, who is the best fighter in the division with the same promoter calling out Garcia. Theres no reason the fight shouldnt happen. The mando argument just reinforces that the fight should happen.

After "losing" to judah, Lucas beat Devon and and is now on a 5 fight KO streck. Judah beat Mabuza and then look horrific against Khan which is what got him a "shot"
            I couldve sworn I just read Danny Garcia saying hed fight Matthysse. The Judah fight is sold out. Its business its not about ducking anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              Good chin? Morales had him hurt mah dude.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              Who won the fight? Refresh my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Take away the mandatory argument and you still have Lucas, who is the best fighter in the division with the same promoter calling out Garcia. Theres no reason the fight shouldnt happen. The mando argument just reinforces that the fight should happen.

After "losing" to judah, Lucas beat Devon and and is now on a 5 fight KO streck. Judah beat Mabuza and then look horrific against Khan which is what got him a "shot"
                I couldve sworn I just read Danny Garcia saying hed fight Matthysse. The Judah fight is sold out. Its business its not about ducking anybody.

Comment

Didn't like his comments on the Matthysse subject..... But it doesn't matter (his words) as long as they fight

Cool interview though

Comment

Khan was completely ****ing Garcia up. The intermission before the rd where he tagged him with the left, Garcia looked scared ****less, like he was ready to quit in a rd or two.

With that said, Garcia seem slike an ok dude. I'm simply not sold on anything he has done. Khan is chinless and Morales has been spent for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      I thought Judah beat Matthysse, am I crazy??? He put rounds in the bank early, and won the fight barely I felt. Close fight, could have gone either way. So I don't see how Garcia fighting Judah is a bad fight.

I want to see Garcia-Matthysse too, hopefully we will. I think Danny would fight anyone, it seems like Golden Boy is iffy on the idea.

I don't get the people saying Garcia ducked Ajose....I mean they were talking about that fight happening in the summer, and Garcia fought Khan. I felt Khan beat Peterson, as did many, and Khan was seen as one of the top 1-2 fighters at 140. So how was fighting Khan at that time, ducking Ajose???

Matthysse is a beast. But beating Soto at 140, Ajose, and Dallas doesn't mean much. And it certainly doesn't mean he's going to kill any fighter around his weight. The two best fighters he's faced, Judah and Alexander (who EVERYONE loves to say are average/mediocre), he didn't steam roll either of them at all. He deserved the decision over Alexander for sure, but he didn't kill Alexander and rip his head off, like he's supposedly going to do with everyone else according to his fans. And I thought he lost to Judah fight barely, because Judah put rounds in early and Matthysse got started a little too late that fight. Close fight, could have gone either way.

I don't see how all that makes him the second coming.....
                      How is beating Ajose nothing? Dude looked great and showed great heart in his fight against Matthysse. If he keeps getting his shot he will still make noise at 140. Just because everyone ducked him besides Matthysse doesn't make it not a good win.

Comment

Working...
                      X