Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not official.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck
      Something tells me that this will be his retirement check after Donaire trashes that ass.
      that's how I see it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Pretty good payday for Rigondeaux I hope he gets the fight.

Comment

Yeah, that's a lot of money for him. I expected a smaller amount.

Comment

The way people talk about Rigo in here makes you think they're talking about a no talent, bum ass boxer.

If Wilfredo Vazquez Jr was able to make things difficult for Donaire, Rigo has a great chance at beating him. The Donaire hype bandwagon is out of hand in NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
              The way people talk about Rigo in here makes you think they're talking about a no talent, bum ass boxer.

If Wilfredo Vazquez Jr was able to make things difficult for Donaire, Rigo has a great chance at beating him. The Donaire hype bandwagon is out of hand in NSB.
              Well same can be said about Rigo then, if Marroquin was able to rock and knock Rigo's a$$ down, then what more can Donaire do to him? The Rigo hype bandwagon is way way more out of hand here in NSB

Comment

gary hyde is a beast at the negotiating table from what i see

Comment

and now you idiots label Rigo as a bum, before you were hyping this guy's ass, that Donaire is ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless
                    but but the Cult of Rigo told me Rigo was going to fight for peanuts and that he wasn't overpricing himself! (Looking at you 1PunchKOPOW!) Donaire was right. Rigo was asking for too much money. My god, just imagine what he must have been asking for initially to get him down to $750k. No wonder it took so long for this to get made. Mathebula, Vasquez, and Nishioka only got paid $100k by HBO so those were easy fights to make.
                    You an idiot bro. Rigo doesn't negotiate his money Gary Hyde does. Rigo was gonna fight Marroquin for 100k but Hyde was the one who threw a fit and got him that extra 50K. You think Rigo or money was the one holding this fight? **** outta here mah dude, if I remember correctly Donaire was the one throwing roadblocks out there. Venue, testing, you name it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC

Evidently it's not "too much money," otherwise Rigo wouldn't be getting paid what he's getting. If anything, Guillermo was right in holding out. Why fight for 100k, when you can make three-quarters of a mil? Rigo doesn't have the luxury of accumulating purses over a long career. He won't be in the game long. He has to get paid now, not later.

That's money out of Donaire's pocket. He just become fighter of the year so HBO is now willing to pay more for his fights. That was all of Donaire's work, not Rigo's that made it possible to get that payday. That Rigo was holding out is exactly my point. Rigo was the one holding up the fight because he wanted a ridiculous amount of money while he and his cult screamed duck and that Donaire was scared.

Comment

Working...
                      X