Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exclusive Photo: Victor Ortiz training with Freddie Roach @ The Wild Card Gym.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roach is an offense coach. victor is a offense and pressure fighter. good match

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
      roach is an offense coach. victor is a offense and pressure fighter. good match

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      I think it could be too. IDK if he even should have left Garcia, but Roach probably won't be his last trainer either so we'll see what happens. He's not gonna turn into a defensive wiz but he can put himself into better positions, he's not a bad boxer he has decent footwork, too.

The part that he is missing, to me, is building up to a finish in his fights. He can hurt almost anyone but once he has them almost ready to go, they battle back. He never can work himself back up to the point he almost had them gone. Maybe Freddie can get him over the hump in some of these fights and finish the guy off. Berto has underrated durability, but he could have gotten him out of there, maybe same with Lopez and even Maidana.
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Good career move Ortiz LOL...he just keeps making good decision after good decision. Why would someone trying to resurrect their career...go to a limited trainer who knows no defense and is on the decline? Everyone needs to understand that Pac is really in all honesty, the only reason Roach is even seen as a top tier trainer. Also to be painfully honest...a semi-smart monkey could have taken Pac to where he is now because he is just a pure aggressive offensive machine with limited actual learned technique. Ortiz already tried being that and it stopped working so what is the point of going to Roach? Ortiz is done.

Comment

Not a bad match, I never really liked the Mayweather Sr. rumors anyway.

Comment

Good but bad...

Freddie is a good coach, that is much has been proven. However, that being said, Freddie is a bit crap at teaching defense, ask Amir Khan. I am not sure who would be a good fit for Victor though. He is a beast when he is focused, just ask Berto's face. He needs somebody that can slap some discipline in him and make him fight up to his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              Not sure I like this hook up. Roach is too soft spoken (mainly cause of the Parkinson's) and Ortiz needs somebody who can talk to him and get him mentally stronger.

But good luck to both of them.
              Roach is actually a good fit for Ortiz, I think Ortiz is the type who doesn't obey hard ass trainers, he respects Roach and they have known each other for years since Ortiz was like 18 he used to spar Pacquiao.

Ortiz would not mesh well with someone like Mayweather Sr, at all, he doesn't like guys who like to boss around.

Comment

Working...
              X