No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Mares: Full Contract Details Are Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    No later than June 30th means it could happen anytime between now and June 30. I'm not arguying that the contract states that it will happen June. It could happen before. What I'm arguing is that if Golden Boy wants it in June, Donaire will have to ablidge and there's nothing he could do about it. And no, if they sign the contact as it is, there's no room for the negotiation. The contract says

Got that? " Designed by Promoter. It's not "designed by Promoter and Top Rank" If you read the top of the contract, Promtoter means solely Golden Boy.

They could still negotiate the date before the contact is signed and change that part of the contract, but as it is, signing it with that vague date is unacceptable for Donaire.
    Dude, u really need to take a contract class. Or even basic English comprehension. The designated is not connected to the date but it is connected to the location choice. U trying to tie it all together is just u not understanding what it is ur reading.

Comment

I have no problem with Arum rejecting the Mares fight for now. Rigo vs Donaire most likely will happen on April 13. Then TR will revisit the Mares contract I believe that fight will eventually happen

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        So whomever supplied Boxingscene with the Contract Details, broke the contract themselves. (read section 18)
        U cannot break a contract that wasn't signed. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          U cannot break a contract that wasn't signed. Smh

OK it was technically not broken, but does that invalidate the contract? Yes

Comment

The only truth here is that GBP is trying to make this fight, and TR is not at all interested.

F***ing hate TR!!!!!!!

Comment

Dude, u really need to take a contract class. Or even basic English comprehension. The designated is not connected to the date but it is connected to the location choice. U trying to tie it all together is just u not understanding what it is ur reading.
              Designated is for both time and location. If it was just for the location, they would have used a separate sentence.

and I have taken a contract class in college. It's a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                OK it was technically not broken, but does that invalidate the contract? Yes
                Lol, what does that even mean??? A contract is an agreement between two ppm in writing. There is no agreement to be invalidated. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Designated is for both time and location. If it was just for the location, they would have used a separate sentence.
                  Lol, no, its not. Its basic English. I'm surprised an adult has a hard time understanding that. No good lawyer would attach a prose like that and mean it to apply to both the time and date.

Comment

Ahhhh! My head hurts!! That's some kind of contract!! Seems fair though.

Comment

Yea the only reason I don't think much into donaires involvement into this is I actually think he wants this fight over rigo but I think he's just another promotional pawn without the power to make any real decisions for himself.
                      Exactly that.
                      The funny thing is Schaffer said a line along the lines of "if Donaire is not his own boss and can't fight who he wants, just say it"

Really? So all GBP fighters pick their opponents and there is no involvement from the paymasters/(GBP), managers...and those guys called match makers?

This is just more public laundry and Its not going to help the cold war

Comment

Working...
                      X