No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Mares: Full Contract Details Are Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    U do know what "no later than June 3rd" means rite? That definitely doesn't seem to be an issue unless u are grasping
    It means that once the contract is signed, Donaire and Top Rank will have no say over the date. So saying no later than June 30th is unacceptable. June shouldn't even be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
      I just skimed it but I saw a few major hang ups.

1. Donaire isn't allowed any sponsers, no banners in the ring or anything like that and who knows what kind of sponsers he has in the Philipines

2. Golden Boy will own all all of the rights to the fight, so if TR wanted to show it in a Donaire highlight clip in the future they'd have to pay GBP.

3. Golden Boy would basically have full and free access to all Donaire footage for free.

I know this doesn't seem like much but I doubt Donaire's sponsers will like this deal.
      This is what happens when one can't read a contract. Re read it again and do so slowly this time.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        It means that once the contract is signed, Donaire and Top Rank will have no say over the date. So saying no later than June 30th is unacceptable.
        No, that's not what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          That's only because he tried to leave while he was still under contract when he tried to sign with GBP.

Guess we'll have to wait until his contract expires
          he thought it expired but arum claimed he still owed him a couple more fights

I'm pretty sure nonito signed an extension after that which sucks for him...like I said he's not switching sides while he still has his buzz...whether he wants to or not

Comment

I'm Donaire's biggest haters on here, but choosing Rigo over Mares isn't a duck at all.

Rigo, stylistically, is a harder fight and actually Mares style plays right into what Donaire likes to do best which is counter punch.

Donaire took the harder fight....period.

FWIW, there is no way in hell Arum would ever let a company promote, and own the rights to one of his fighter's bouts. That makes no sense what so ever from a business stand point and with the GBP robberies, that offer sure sounds like a DLH vs Sturm/Casamayor vs Santa Cruz/ _____ one of the dozen of GBP robberies you can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              No, that's not what it means.
              That's exactly what it means. Yes, it could happen in a month before June, but that's up to solely Golden Boy. If Donaire doesn't want to fight on June and Golden Boy does, there's nothing he could do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
                FWIW, there is no way in hell Arum would ever let a company promote, and own the rights to one of his fighter's bouts.
                But he has no problem with asking Golden Boy to let him have Mares for one fight. For less than $3 million.

Comment

Nonito jumped the gun with his twitter war. He should have known that schaffaer isn't Bob "I was lying yesterday but telling the truth today" Arum. Well at least the GBP pressure on Arum has now made him make the Rigo fight, if not for the GBP pressure on Arum Nonito would probably be rematching Arce.

Comment

it's all business for arum...he doesn't care if his fighters look bad in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                      I just skimed it but I saw a few major hang ups.

1. Donaire isn't allowed any sponsers, no banners in the ring or anything like that and who knows what kind of sponsers he has in the Philipines

2. Golden Boy will own all all of the rights to the fight, so if TR wanted to show it in a Donaire highlight clip in the future they'd have to pay GBP.

3. Golden Boy would basically have full and free access to all Donaire footage for free.

I know this doesn't seem like much but I doubt Donaire's sponsers will like this deal.
                      I wont even lie and say i skimmed through this contract, and i am not a lawyer, but I 100% read somewhere that Schaeffer said it was NO problem hanging a top rank banner at the fight. He said 3 million, and it would still be billed as Golden Boy in association with Top Rank, so i dont see why the banner issue would be found in this contract.

But as for your other issues, This is NOT a co-promotion. They are paying for Nonito's services. This is the same f***ing offer that Bob Arum said he was making to Golden Boy for this fight except Golden Boys is ponying up more cash.

So you mean GB is supposed to pay 3 Million AND give top rank rights to the fight? AND let Top rank's sponsors (Tecate) hang their banners when GB is sponsored by Corona??? IF that is the case then they need to CO-PROMOTE. I dont think the last two issues were of any surprise, or consequence to Top Rank or Nonito Donaire. It is to be expected when you are renting a fighter for one fight, and paying DAMN handsomely for it!

Comment

Working...
                      X