Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Yuriorkis Gamboa Linked To PED Supplier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I thought Gamboa was all natural, guess he fooled me. Do you guys notice most of the fighters that get caught are the muscular and super fast such as Gamboa, Berto, Peterson, Mosley? I never would of thought Gamboa was using ped's, what a shame!

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
      Damn, I thought Gamboa was all natural, guess he fooled me. Do you guys notice most of the fighters that get caught are the muscular and super fast such as Gamboa, Berto, Peterson, Mosley? I never would of thought Gamboa was using ped's, what a shame!
      They do all tend to have that bodybuilder look alright. Important to distinguish between cases like Peterson's and Gamboa's (based on these reports) though. Peterson got what appears to be a one time TRT treatment, and it doesn't seem like his testosterone was elevated to unnatural levels. Gamboa seems to have been shooting HGH nearly every day of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
        i understand bro...but so do boxers. They aren't bodybuilders. Boxing is equally about endurance & fitness....they just perform diff movement. You would think w/ the coctail lance was using...his legs would be monstrous considering the regimin he maintained....but they weren't.
        Lance's legs actually were ripped to shreds. That said, you're talking about two different things: weight training to build mass, and repetitive endurance exercises like cycling which will do much more to strengthen and tone the muscle than they will to bulk them up. Keep in mind also that calves are generally accepted to be one of the very most difficult muscles to bulk.

Also, big muscles are not a good thing for cyclists. Their goal is never going to be to use a drug to get big ass muscles. Efficiency is key. Smaller, dense as **** muscles are what you want.
        Last edited by samouraï; 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• I hope not im a fan of gamboa... if he is taking ped's it sure didn't look like it by the way he performed against that filipino dude

Comment

• Gamboa has looked like he does since Olympic days and matter of fact hes lost a step since then, even tho the timeline is wrong i wouldn't be that surprised if its true he's obviously not the brightest guy around as he demonstrated by letting Floyd punk him.

Comment

• Where was Thomas hauser when you need him? Am sure he would revamped this article and do his "investigation"and then try to give us his insight into how Gamboa try to cover this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                Lance's legs actually were ripped to shreds. That said, you're talking about two different things: weight training to build mass, and repetitive endurance exercises like cycling which will do much more to strengthen and tone the muscle than they will to bulk them up. Keep in mind also that calves are generally accepted to be one of the very most difficult muscles to bulk.

Also, big muscles are not a good thing for cyclists. Their goal is never going to be to use a drug to get big ass muscles. Efficiency is key. Smaller, dense as **** muscles are what you want.
                With the cyclists it was all about hematocrit levels which is why EPO was the weapon of choice. They popped testosterone capsules and used patches as well but again that was about endurance. Large muscle mass was not something they wanted so muscle growth promoters were of no interest to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlcelestine View Post
                  If Lance Armstrong can beat all of those tests, then anyone can, but has Gamboa ever had a pro fight with OSDT? I wouldnt go so far as to call elevated (USADA, VADA) testing a joke, but there are obviously ways around it, as Lance proved over the course of his career.
                  Comissions test and most if not all use the same lab @ UCLA (AKA USADA). OSDT is a complete and utter joke. Not an opinion just a fact. It is rife with corruption and hand greasing not to mention easy to circumvent. In addition commissions don't even test for synthetic testosterone nor EPO, so what exactly are they looking for? Commissions have zero incentive to bust a fighter, they stand to lose money for their respective states if they cancel a card. Also, USADA isn't even compelled to report a dirty test (see GBP) or go as far as creating/testing "C" samples in an effort to pass a fighter. (See Morales). All facts, a little research can open eyes. Anyone who thinks a majority of boxers are clean is simply sticking their head in the sand.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
                    Damn, I thought Gamboa was all natural, guess he fooled me. Do you guys notice most of the fighters that get caught are the muscular and super fast such as Gamboa, Berto, Peterson, Mosley? I never would of thought Gamboa was using ped's, what a shame!
                    Peterson not that much, but Vargas was against De La Hoya when he got caught.

Comment

• is he working with Memo too?

Comment

Working...
                      X