No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-Senchenko Falls Apart Over Catch-Weight Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    It's Khan, not Matthysse. 3lbs is not a death sentence. Senchenko is 35 will likely now drift into obscurity.
    Umad a career welterweight didn't want to cut down weight at 35?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Umad a career welterweight didn't want to cut down weight at 35?
      A whole three 3lbs where he would significantly outweigh Khan on fight night anyway for probably his second highest payday (and probably the last opportunity) against a fighter with limited power and a questionable chin.

I'm not "mad", it's his choice but I think it's a poor decision on his part.

Comment

I you can make 47 you can make 46 but why does the champ dictate what weight is acceptable! He's the champ AT 147 so thats the weight class weight nothing above it! A welter could weigh 141 if he wants to, this catchweight situation is ok for NON-Titled bouts but championship bout weights are already set! Ray

Comment

khan would've been at 147 today had he not lost to garcia...the catchweight is bs

Comment

A Khan-Peterson rematch is what should happen.

Comment

I bet Hatton is relieved this fight didn't come off.

Comment

If you actually believe the Senchenko fight was about redeeming Hatton's loss then you are an absolute ******.

That was a winnable fight for Khan, against someone who would come to the UK and it would sell quite well by using the ''oh the English Khan avenging the shot English warrior Hatton's defeat doing it for the WHOLE OF THE UK for REVENGE blah di blah'' which seems to have worked given how so many of you twats seem to have fallen for it

Khan could not give two flying ****s about Hatton losing to Senchenko, that was just a good way to build up the fight.

Im happy this fight hasn't gone through.

Really want to see Khan - Lopez.

Comment

Glad this fight ain't happening. Senchenko is pretty poor, and the fact that paulie beat the hell out of him and stopped him should show that. Khan should fight Mathysse

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    I you can make 47 you can make 46 but why does the champ dictate what weight is acceptable! He's the champ AT 147 so thats the weight class weight nothing above it! A welter could weigh 141 if he wants to, this catchweight situation is ok for NON-Titled bouts but championship bout weights are already set! Ray
                    Don't understand this post. Senchenko isn't a champ, he lost it to Malignaggi. Khan isn't a champ either but he holds some silver title.

Comment

Sorry, I confussed Khan with Paulie they all look a like to me (no power)! Paulie has some ABC title, I think! Either way these guys fight within classes that all ready are defined! Box in your weight class and stop making catchweights!
                      Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X