Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Three Opponents Under Consideration For Tim Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn shame he left Gary Shaw just to get a fight with Manny...........then boom nothing else

Comment

I really thought Bradley was going to do big things. Everything was going well for him up to the Pacquiao fight. I definitely understand why he signed with TR. Who would turn down $5Mill? Its a shame he got injured in that fight with Manny. Had he put on a better performance, he would have gotten the rematch. I'm one of the few that believed he outboxed Manny but it was not a spectacular performance. Tim should just fight whoever TR put in front of him and get it over with. He needs to sign with Golden Boy and get the big fights. The way things are going now, by the time his contract ends with TR, he will be past his prime. Damn shame. He could have done great things.

Comment

"Couldn't reveal the names"... lame.

Oh Bradley..
        Last edited by thuggery; 01-29-2013, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
          Damn shame he left Gary Shaw just to get a fight with Manny...........then boom nothing else
          how does $million plus and a official victory over manny put to sleep man pacquiao sounds? you idiot. thats answers your "nothing else" comment.

Comment

Had Bradley said something along the lines of (After the Pac fight): "Ya, I lost to Pacquiao despite the decision. But I gave him a good fight" ... then Bradley would have been so much more popular and the exposure from the Pac fight would have been positive. As he's disillusioned by the fact he thinks he won the fight, he's grinning in spite of Pacquiao, and most people aren't going to stand for it.

Yes people argue that its a fighters mentality never to admit you lose. However, it is a really bad business decision to do what he has done. It isn't possible to claim a clear robbery over such a popular boxing figure, and get away with it. Like I said above, had he been humble, he'd have been made a gatekeeper to the elite - big fights for him.

Comment

Overall it was probably better to stay with Shaw, atlest he would have had ALOT of fighters to work with.

Shaw promotions can make fights with Dibella, Goldenboy, Top-Rank and all..
              At this point it would have been better if the Manny fight never happened for him.

Comment

i just want Tim to get a quality fight and soon. he deserves it.

Comment

the abregu rematch will happen on march 16th

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Had Bradley said something along the lines of (After the Pac fight): "Ya, I lost to Pacquiao despite the decision. But I gave him a good fight" ... then Bradley would have been so much more popular and the exposure from the Pac fight would have been positive. As he's disillusioned by the fact he thinks he won the fight, he's grinning in spite of Pacquiao, and most people aren't going to stand for it.

Yes people argue that its a fighters mentality never to admit you lose. However, it is a really bad business decision to do what he has done. It isn't possible to claim a clear robbery over such a popular boxing figure, and get away with it. Like I said above, had he been humble, he'd have been made a gatekeeper to the elite - big fights for him.
                    most fans don't attend the lets blow pacquiao school of thought so we don't care if he was humble in victory or not. He was dumb to pass up 2.3 Million with Lamont, but not dumb to claim his victory. Imo he has an entitlement issue. He think he's entitled to fight money makers even though he brings nothing to the table

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post

Bradley isn't failing to get a fight because he is unpopular, he's failing to get a fight because he lacked the intelligence and foresight to understand that Arum only signed him to feed to Pacquaio and then throw him on the scrapheap.

Yes Bradley made $5m against Pacquaio, but he would have made around $2m against Khan (a very winnable fight) and probably another $1.5-2m for each of his fights after that. Bradley could have made $4m and still have been relevant in boxing, instead he took the big money and has sat on the shelf since. Goldenboy holds all the cards at 140 and Bradley isn't going to be able to get in on that for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                      X